BT Cancalleation payout... but line is being taken over

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1903 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

In August 2018 I took on a BT TV and internet package on a 12 month term.

I did not want to use BT really as I was told their service is bad.

I explored all options with other providers such as Virgin, Sky etc but it turned out I could only have BT TV at my rented flat and the lines were BT only also.

The time came to have my TV and internet connected and BT came to my flat and within 5 mins the technician said ‘OK, you are activated’……the point he said was active was by my front door which is far from my lounge where I needed BT TV and the modem.

I connected the modem to the point by the front door and confirmed it worked with the technician, I then check the TV point but it was dead.

The technician had a look and said ‘yea this point will take 24 hours to come on’ which I could sense was utter nonsense because it was fed pack to the point by the front door, so something was wrong, which didn’t surprise me as it is a very old regency building.

24 hours went by and not to my surprise it didn’t work,

I called BT and booked for them to come out the following Tuesday (6 days later).

Tuesday came and it got to 4pm and I called them to find out where they were and they said I had no appointment.

I could not afford to take more time off work so I just parked up the TV issue for the time being as my internet worked and I could get by and would tackle the TV install later.

By October I had been given a new opportunity to take a job in Australia meaning I had to move out and leave for Australia in December.

I called BT to say that I needed to cancel and was told I have to pay out the whole agreement to the amount of £578.18.

I explained that this felt unfair as they are not supplying me with any future service,

on top of that they never finished setting up my BT TV,

and last of all the new tenant who moves in has to use BT (as outlined above,unless they don’t use phone, or internet) and therefore when they sign up with BT it will cancel off my service automatically.

As a result BT will be charging the new tenant for their services and charging me also!

It doesn’t seem right that someone can sell or lease out the same thing to two people at once with only one of those people being a beneficiary.

Any advice on my matter would be much appreciated,

I understand I signed an agreement, however they never fully installed what I paid for and they are also trying to make me pay for something someone else will be paying for going forward… it doesn’t seem right.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

you didnt bite their backsides over the non working TV bit so in effect you have accepted the contract with all of its faults. if you had kept on at them about thr telly you could have decided the contract wasnt properly crystallised and walked away and if they played silly sods sued them fro breach of contract. You are now in a much harder position to get anywhere but still worth a try. Adding the bit about the double contract may help you as you are not in a position to assign anything to the new tenant so there must be a break.