Please Help, totally scared!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All,

I have had a scary incident today!

I was rushing through a saintsbury's local and accidentally tagged one item worth 2 GBP as carrots, I purchased 4 items and only one had the issue.

The security guard asked me to go to a room with the manager who claimed that I did this 3 times without showing any proof!

It did happen a time before and I assured her that it was a mistake and I re-scanned the item I wanted to purchase and paid for it (it was a glitch in the system which she did not admit, the self checkout was already

waiting for carrots to be scanned and did not take the barcode of my item)

This time, she was shouting, she was scary along with her large security guy. They asked for ID and I was getting my wallet to show him my ID, he took it without my permission and they started going though my bank cards and my driving license.

They recorded my address and name and gave me a ban, they even insisted on treating me badly by taking a photo of me with the paper and the item which was a small bag of crisps!!!

I feel really disappointed but I am also very worried that DWF or other companies might ask me to pay more money as I am an international student on a full scholarship.

I am working hard and I have never had such issues in my life and would never do such things. I asked them the same question: why would I "play" with your system after scanning

all of my items properly except one?!?! I even asked her that if she has a proof of what she claims, she can give me a full invoice of the items she is claiming and I will pay her for everything immediately to prove

to her that this is unintentional and surely not my doing!

I am really worried that this could affect my residency in this country or my scholarship or so, and I do not want to be forced to pay 150 GBP or more if it is not really owed!

Sorry for the long text but I am shaking and I honestly do not know what to do, I cannot forget how they took my wallet and started taking my cards one my one!!!

Please advise and I would be extremely thankful to all of you!

nothing they can do to you

it cant hurt your visa

it cant hurt your credit file

and you already know the DWF or RLP are totally powerless.

now on to what should do.!!

write to the CEO at head office and COMPLAIN about the way your were and have been treated by the staff at that branch.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Dot pay anything. They can't do anything. They d have pretty much forgotten you already tbh.

It certainly won't show on your visa as they are nothing to do with the law and never will be.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I even told them that mistakes happen and I am willing to pay for any differences or any errors, I told them I would never do such things and I do not want any issues with them.

Shall I contact the regional operations manager as advised in the letter?

I am thankful to all of you for the advice, I really am working hard on creating a deep learning technology to assist disabled people as my closest friend died because he couldn't control his wheelchair! why would I risk all of this for 2 GBP ?!

Shall I contact the regional operations manager as advised in the letter?...whose letter?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The ban letter from saintsburys advising me to contact the regional operational manager if I believe that the ban is unjust..

I am not sure who to complain especially because of the wallet incident!

id contact the CEO

and they

ceoemail.com

and they

Hi,

As well as you contacting the CEO, it may be that Sainsbury's subcontract the store security to a private company. It would help if that company (if at all) were named.

Can you recall any uniform or badge worn by security?

DWF may become involved but you can safely ignore them. They can do nothing to you.

There will be no issue on your visa as this was not a criminal matter.

I think that the media team on Twitter should be made aware of this as well. It seems that Sainsbury's and their security staff do not understand that mistakes do happen on occasion and not every mistake is an attempt to steal.

What was the value of the goods and did you pay for the mistaken item?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

One more thing, Did the security room have CCTV (video recording) If so, you demand to see the footage to assist in your complaint.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE