Object new BT mast (WiFi hotspot) opposite house

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1899 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

i would like some advice on how to object a BT mast / Pole opposite my house.

Nothing is yet on it but I suspect it’s going to be a hotspot WiFi as we have existing phone masts on the street.

It is opposite my daughters bedroom and I do not want to risk her being a guinnie pig.

There is a study out in 2018 confirming phone 2G does indeed cause cancer.

I don’t want to get into the does it or not debate, but just want to know the best approach to objecting this.

The notice says it can be objected. It is about 5 meters from my young daughters bedroom.

Many thanks for any help

B998AEFC-1B3A-4497-99BF-48FC7EA79A45.jpeg

Edited by dx100uk
space/spell

read upload

PDF please so we can zoom

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There is a study out in 2018 confirming phone 2G does indeed cause cancer.

I don’t want to get into the does it or not debate, but just want to know the best approach to objecting this.

There wasn't, but as you say you don't need to spend time on a does it?/doesn't it? debate because under government planning guidelines health concerns are not a valid reasons for objecting to planning consent.

read upload

PDF please so we can zoom

Hi ok I think I’ve changed it into a PDF but it doesn’t seem as clear

It says

Right to object

3. You will have a right to object to the apparatus under para 77 of the electronic communications code if BOTH:

a. you are an occupier of or have an interest in any land neighbouring AND

b. Because of the nearness of that neighbouring land to the land on or over which the apparatus is kept

i. The enjoyment of that neighbouring land is capable of being prejudiced by the apparatus

OR

ii. Any interest in that land is capable of being predjudiced by the apparatus

Says need to object with 12 months of installation and it’s only just gone up

I am a home owner opposite the pole, it is facing the gable end and my side garden. I guess from this I need to say it will affect the view from my garden? But are there any strong arguments I can give?

thanks

F6F79D34-F290-4AF8-B842-5FED77897E1E.pdf

urm.. unless its too blurred and im reading it wrong it says transformer does it not?

that's NOTHING to do with any wi-fi hotspot!!

what are the hand written words after install??

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Dx well this is half the problem I’m not sure as it’s illegible but I think it says ‘1 new tower .....’

But we have no need for any more phone lines as all the houses are old with existing lines and 3 poles already on the street

no its says HAVE installed.

if its what I think it is its the new style circular tube transformer [like a giant black bog rool]

or it the square thing about the size of shoes box. its not a tower no.

nothing to see here move along..

and they

whose land is it on? will it hit your property if it falls over?

Hi

It’s on the pavement, they have taken a street light down that was next to the new post. It’s on the other side of the road to my house so would probably just hit my wall / hedges

Nothing is on the pole yet ie no lines of WiFi hotspot box but they have trimmed the bottom branches of the tree right next to it the other day, so I presume they will be coming soon

Thanks for any advice on how I can find object it if it is a WiFi hotspot

Hi Ethel Street this new study shows it is linked to cancer. Also there have been various other studies on mobile and WiFi radiation. This most recent one in Nov 2018 shows ‘ clear evidence that cell phone radiation can cause cancers of the heart, brain and adrenal glands, a landmark National Institutes of Health (NIH) ‘

This is a link

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6342097/Cell-phones-linked-cancer-landmark-study-finds.html

Industry obviously put big money into fighting this but it will come out in time and I don’t want to put my child at unnecessary risk

Hope this helps

The report was widely criticised for faulty methodology and has not been generally accepted by the scientific community. It's an American study on rats. The UK health authorities do not accept that it shows any risk to humans. Personally I wouldn't consider the Daily Mail Online to be a reliable source of information on this (or anything).

I'm only responding so that any readers of this thread in future are not unnecessarily alarmed by your post. As far as your specific issue is concerned it's irrelevant because under government planning guidelines health concerns generally are not a valid grounds for objecting to planning permission for masts. So I'm not going to get into a long debate on it.

Hi

So I can’t object to this on health grounds? with reference to the recent study findings of being a cancer risk

(https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6342097/Cell-phones-linked-cancer-landmark-study-finds.html)

It will be a few metres from my daughters window. As this is the main reason I would like to include this in my objection. Does anybody know if I can do this? The notice implys you can object on grounds of it affecting your property?

Any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks

You can put whatever you like in your objection but the government's National Policy Planning Framework says [paragraph 116]

Local planning authorities must determine applications on planning grounds only. They should not seek to prevent competition between different operators, question the need for an electronic communications system, or set health safeguards different from the International Commission guidelines for public exposure.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/740441/National_Planning_Policy_Framework_web_accessible_version.pdf

I believe planning applications should include statements confirming that the mast will not exceed International Commission guidelines on non-ionising radiation protection. If it does then objecting on health grounds based on a Daily Mail article is not going to carry much weight.

Hi

I understand what you mean about the daily mail article not carrying much weight but the article is based on scientific studies by The National Institute of Health. I posted that link as an overview- overview section posted below

‘The NIH has been studying the effects of cell phone radiation on rats, mice and people since 1999

Cell phones emit radio frequency radiation that allows them to communicate with cell towers

Some studies have suggested patterns in development of certain cancers and cell phone use

The NIH released preliminary findings in 2016 because rats exposed to high levels of radiation developed certain cancers early on

Now, the final results show 'clear evidence' of a link between heart, brain and adrenal gland cancers in male rats

There is now 'clear evidence' that cell phone radiation can cause cancers of the heart, brain and adrenal glands, a landmark National Institutes of Health (NIH) study warns.’

So you mention guidelines on non- ionising radiation and BT have to confirm the mast will not exceed these? Although the guidelines will probably allow such radiation levels as this current research is new and guidelines will take time to change.

So how do I go about wording this? I have never objected anything before. I was thinking about objecting and asking for a consultation with the neighbours?

Do I have a right to see this confirmation?

Many thanks

Rachel

BT were doing a different job (laying fibre optics) on the street today and the workman told me the pole is too low and also they should have had a wayleiver for planning permission. I have no idea if they have or not but I haven’t seen anything and the mast has only recently gone up

Thanks again

What will happen if I object? Will it stop the works until it is resolved? Do I contact the council to see if they have planning permission?

I would like a consultation with the local neighbours and I can explain risks of having WiFi hotspots within close proximity to their children 24 hours a day

Thanks

you seriously need to distinguish between WI-FI and Mobile phone masts near your home.

YOUR OWN WI-FI from your BB router you use in your home will be about 10,000 times stronger than anything WI-FI your home would ever get from that mast if it WERE WI-FI related.

and they

Hi Dx

That really isn’t the issue here but there is lots of evidence now that all types of radio radiation is 2G 3G 4G and WiFi radiation is linked to various cancers. I only turn my WiFi on when using then I turn it off.

I would like advice on

How to object this BT mast ( I can send them the various studies if needed) Or can I use another reason?

Will my objection stop the works until resolved?

How likely is an objection to win?

Many thanks

just wrap your house in tin foil.

you don't have a clue what you are talking about .

be flat earth next.

you can find any crap you want on the internet if you look hard enough to justify your paranoia.

anyway i'll leave this thread now.

seriously you've nothing to worry about.

regards

dx

and they

Doesn't look like Transformer to me, far more like Tower, NOR do I think someones cocerns about a transmitter of any sort being built alongside their house, let alone a childs bedroom is in any way 'tin hat'

The mail may have little credibility but many who have significant credibility also have genuine concerns

http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/westmidlands/series6/phone_masts.shtml

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/other_subjects/146884-application-to-build-mobile-phone-mast-near-our-house-advice

https://powerwatch.org.uk/rf/masts.asp

First thing to do is contact them and find out precisely what it is.

Then point your neighbors at the above link and get a mass objection going should it prove needed.

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

The mail may have little credibility but many who have significant credibility also have genuine concerns

http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/westmidlands/series6/phone_masts.shtml

Yes, it comes to a useful conclusion:

Like the 23 other research projects in the UK, Dr de Pomerai and his team have so far been unable to find any evidence to connect cancer or any other illness with proximity to phone masts.

You mean like experiments showing it causing cancer in mice and rats, which are mammals like us, isn't accepted as evidence it causes cancer in humans?

Can't see many humans volunteering for those tests. Can you?

The links were more to show how to protest.

"Then point your neighbors at the above link and get a mass objection going should it prove needed."

I dont question that in normal situations transformers or mobile phone masts cause little radiation/microwave health risk,

.. but having one run 24*7 a small distance from your childs bedroom is by far a different matter.

I wouldn't have it, and I don't doubt most (you included) wouldn't either if it happened to them.

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children