Park Watch/DR+ windscreen PCN - paid them £100 - now they want MORE!! - Castledene shopping centre Peterlee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had been given a PCN by Park Watch / Defence Systems in June for wheels over the line in a parking bay

- £50 going to £100 if appeal fails.

I appealed to POPLA, it was rejected so £100 charge stood.

I paid £100 in october but they referred my case to Debt Recovery plus because they said the payment was late.

The charge is now £160!!

Even though I've paid £100...don't understand.

I've emailed them and spoken to them and they're just bullying me and threatenign court action.

I can't sleep with worry but I've paid £100 after being threatened and now they want more!!

Surely this is not right in the eyes of the law???

I've seen some other threads about court summons and wondered the outcomes. :-(

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Please do not think of it as a FINE. It is not. Only a court can fine you!

DRP are lowlife debt collectors and work simply on bully boy tactics to weasel money out of you to which they are not entitled.

It is a pity that you did not come to the forum before paying the £100 as it is unlikely that you would have needed to pay it. However, you are where you are so take the advice of the experts like ericsbrother who has had years of experience in batting away these demands.

Fill out the stickie that Honeybee has posted above, so that the best advice can be given.

Read some of the other threads, including the SUCCESSES in the forum stickies in the pale blue section above to give you an idea of how things work.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

very simply ignore the pillocks as they know they are in the wrong but as they paid some bandit to send you a late begging letter they now both want cream on top.

Next time you get a demand come here before you even think about contacting the parking co, there is a greater than 90% chance their demand is rubbish.

As for court action, that would be the best thing for you that could possibly happen as you could then get your money back plus a few hundred quid extra for vexatious litigation costs. they have mugged you once so think they can carry on milking the cash cow. dont contaqct them again and block their phone number/email

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

go do a chargeback via your banks phoneline

GET THAT MONEYBACK!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thread title updated

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Shouldnt have paid anything. They wont do anything apart from send a DCA after you. The land they work on has no planning permission, the signage is garbage, and they have no authority to issue charges anyway.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Could you give us the information requested in the forum sticky please? It will help the guys to advise you.

HB

Hi HB

Thank you for reply - DRP Ltd contacted me on Friday and send they were handing it over to their legal team.

This occurred on June 22nd 2018. I appealed to Park Watch / Defence Systems and this was denied. Then I appealed to POPLA which was also denied.

I have not received NTK letter. I was parked at Castledene shopping centre. I parked for 15 minutes!! It's a free car park.

I would love to get my £100! I hope I've provided enough details. Let me know if this is enough. Thank you.

click the link in post 3

copy and paste the questions to a new msg box here

answer each question at its end.

WHEN did you pay this £100 and was it by giving them your debit card number over the phone?

and they

Hi All

Thanks for the replies....I'm just new to this site and really appreciate your help and advice!

Was going to send Park Watch a letter asking them to contact DRP telling them I've paid £100 already.

Is it worth sending letter for my records? In case, they tried to take me to court. I'm scared about getting CCJ and that it damages my credit ratings.

It's a disgrace that I've paid £100 for parking my wheels over a white line!!! :evil:

For a windscreen ticket (Notice To Driver) please answer the following questions....

1 The date of infringement? 22/6/2018

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?] Yes appealed to Park Watch and rejected (PDF attached) and then POPLA and was rejected.

if you have then please post up whatever you sent and how you sent it and the date you sent it,

suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide

has there been a response?

please post it up as well, suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide]

If you haven't appealed yet - ,.........

have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days] Not received.

what date is on it

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence? Photos are provided on line at Park Watch.

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?] No - the PCN says the charge has been lawfully issues and the collection procedure will be processed in accordance with the administration of justice act 1970.

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK,

did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]

5 Who is the parking company? Park Watch a division of Defence Systems.

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Castledene shopping centre Peterlee

I paid £100 by cheque and I have provided DRP with proof of payment.

Surely if they issue a PCN for £100 and I've paid £100 this would stop the process.

Offer and acceptance law???

Park watch reject claim 858050.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
merge

I dont think park watch do court. If they do its rare. THey operate out of a tiny office down the road from me. and the land they claim they cover from doesnt have the right permissions, signage etc .

Also. Check their website.

Appeals will NOT be considered for the following reasons:

Your parking ticket/Blue Badge fell down/was blown off the dashboard/on the seat etc.

Your parking ticket/Blue Badge was not displayed clearly, face up, on the dashboard of your vehicle

You forgot to display your parking ticket/Blue Badge

You went to get some change

You did not know it was a Pay & Display car park

You were only a few minutes overdue

You only stopped for a few minutes

yeah. They have zero chance of winning in court.

And when i say office, i mean house that they run a couple businesses from. Thats why they only put a PO box on their website.

Edited by dx100uk
merge

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

WHEN did you send the cheque and to whom?

and they

I paid £100 in october ..post 1..

to late now to cancel the cheque I feel

think you are just going to have to write off that free money you gave them.

pers i'd now simply ignore them all

until or unless you get a letter of/before claim' from one of their paper only fake/tame solicitors

if you do

comeback here.

block phone numbers and email addresses too

and they

Thank you for the advice and information.

I'm gutted I paid £100 to Park Watch!

DRP Ltd are still pursuing £160 though and said they were referring the case to their legal team. Even though I've sent proof of payment 5 times to their email, that they told me to send the info to.

Will keep you updated.

Big thanks:-)

Ignore them. Stop sending proof etc. Theyre ran by the same people so they do not care one bit. They just want money. Block the emails, and ignore everything except a letter of claim or an actual claim.

just stop all comms and block and bounced their emails back now.

you should NEVER communicate about debts via email.

dr+ are a DCA - a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and have ZERO legal powers.

do as post 16

dx

and they

DR+ dont have a legal team for starters,

stop trying to resolve this,

they are a bunch of crooks so you wont get any joy.

They cant go anywhere near a court and the more they write to you the more it costs them for nothing in return.

Block their email and phone.

If you want, try complaining to the BPA of which they are members and see what they say, we could do with a laugh.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

today, I've received another letter from Zenith Collections....another PO Box 292.

They are requesting £160!!

These are really taking the pee. :evil:

More threatening of court action....

Edited by dx100uk
merge

Ignore. Them.

They have to send a PaP letter if theyre serious about court. Which you can shut down fast.

If they send a court claim, you can shut that down fast as well.

Stop Worrying. They dont care about the law or regulation. They will say and do anything to get people to pay. remember, theyre just low life cowboy clampers who found a new way to con money from people. Especially park watch, which is ran by a guy from his house.

already explained what to do in post 16.

dx

and they