Pockit have frozen my account.

Trevstan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there after some advice and how all this works and where I stand.

Basically on the 26th Dec 2018 Pockit froze my account which quite abit of cash in it ..

When I contacted them on the phone the fella said its stansatd procedure when your account has payments going in and you are putting money in etc so i thought fair enough they wanted 2 forms of ID (photo/and address) and that he couldn't give any further details due it being a different department.

Couple hours later I got an email from the

different department saying...

This email is part of a standard review we are conducting on your account... What i used my account for and how I added funds.... And why I had received multiple payments from diffrent accounts (4/5).

So i went on to explain that I used my card for purchases and savings and went on to tell them i add my funds via PayPal... The random account payments were from computer repairs/advice.

I got a reply the next day saying (28th).

Could you please provide us with the pictures evidence of the source of funds?

The evidence of the source of funds could be payslips, bank statements or any other paper-based evidence highlighting where the funds loaded into your Pockit account comes from.

This is a normal part of our compliance with regulatory obligations, and we're grateful for your patience during the review!

So went on to send them everything requested. . Have not heard anything back since then... Tried ringing a few times but just got the same response.

Now what I was wondering how long can this review take? Is they anything I can do to make the process any quicker?

Also I've read reviews about them not actually getting there money back due to them thinking that they have been money laundering... What would that process entail like do they just keep the money or do i get it back but they close the account? Do they get the law (whomever that concerns)? Can I fight there decision?

Thanks reading and TIA for any reply,

Trev

Hi Trev

You need to stop ringing them unless you record all calls. Keep all comm'ns in writing only so you have a good papertrail.

What sort of amounts are you talking about in single credits - £1,000 ?

Are any credits from outside the UK ?

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 1 month later...

Hi thanks for the reply forgot about this post.

400 to 600.

Nope every thing coming in from the UK.

They still have my funds how long they allowed to do this without telling me? I know they can freeze your account and don't have to tell you why but how long?

Been about 52 days now!

Hi Trev,

From the Pockit website - Virraj Jatania, CEO and Founder

I can't find a postal address for Head Office but you could email them with something like :-

For the attention of Virraj Jatania, CEO

Dear Mr Jatania,

Formal Complaint

My account and funds have been frozen since [date] and, despite supplying all the information Pockit asked me for, I have had no further news.

I would like to know, by return, when my funds will be made available to me to use.

You have had sufficient time to carry out necessary checks and I'm entitled to know when I can access my funds.

I look forward to your early response, failing which I shall escalate my complaint using the relevant regulatory bodies.

Yours sincerely,

See if anyone else has other suggestions or alternatives in the next 24 hours, after which adapt and use my draft.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Virraj Bharatkumar Jatania

Pockit Limited

37 Warren Street

London

W1T 6AD

Company Number: 07157877

Companies House link: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07157877

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks for that Stu.

Trev, you can now send the printed letter to Mr Jatania at the postal address.

Send by Royal Mail Signed For delivery so you have proof of delivery.