bank reversed £20k offshore fraud chargeback!! - help!!

Laurah
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I don't know which is the right thread/forum to post in as I do not usually use forums but I need Legal help and advice urgently.

I won't name the bank this is concerning as the matter is currently on appeal with the Financial Ombudsman.

However, I do feel that I must take further legal action regardless.

In brief, I registered my contact details (tel number) on an online trading site, I was then telephoned by someone claiming to be from that site and that I had to register my ID with them and make an initial deposit. (I won't name the sites just yet as this is still ongoing).

Approx £40,000 was taken from my bank account by the debit card I registered with and provided as ID.

I reported this to my bank as Fraud at the end of October 2017 and the bank investigated and one week later chargedback and reversed all the transactions back to my bank account. It was confirmed to me that this was the end of the matter and there was no way my money could be taken from my account again. I then put this money into my Savings account with the same bank.

In December 2017 the bank had received a letter from this company/site and they took all the money back out of my savings account. I have no trace/transactions of where this is now and if it has been returned to the company/site.

Before the bank took my money back out of my savings account I had received a letter from them telling me they would take in 10days time. I did not receive this letter until around the 11th day and I transferred £20,000 only which was the max I could out of my savings account before the bank returned to this company/site.

The following day the bank had taken the remaining £20,000 from my savings account and the £2,500 I had in my current account and put my current account in £15,000 debit. My current account has been closed and passed onto debt collections and a Default placed on my credit file.

My employment status at the time was that I was working on a contract which required that I pay my own expenses in advance and they are then reimbursed. I could no longer work without my money or bank account and am still suffering from immense ongoing distress and mental anguish since December 2017 to the point of very seriously considering suicide and I'm receiving treatment from the doctor for depression and anxiety.

I am currently still not working and the £20,000 I was able to recover from my Savings account has been used for my living/bills/rent costs and is now £12,000. I have been receiving some benefits but they are not enough to cover my costs.

This matter was put to the Financial Ombudsman who responded that the bank had acted fairly and that they had found in favour of the company/site. This is now being appealed.

I had reported this company/site to my bank as Fraud and my money was rightly reversed/chargedback to my account.

The company/site that the bank has found in favour of and returned my money to (if they have returned it to them) is registered in the Marshall Islands at an address which is published in the Panama Papers, one of the biggest leaks and exposure of the rogue offshore finance industry. They are also listed on almost every worldwide financial regulators warning list - except for the UK. The trading platform provider for this company/site was raided by the FBI in January 2018 for conspiring with brokers to rig and manipulate trade losses on their sites. This company/site is widely regarded as Fraud and [problematic] by official authorities worldwide, yet my bank has returned my money to them even after I reported it to them as Fraud!

I have not been treated fairly or protected as a consumer by this bank or the Ombudsman.

There has been a failure by the bank in it's duty of care to me as a consumer by returning my money to these renowned [problematic] and it is not the standard expected from one of the largest UK national banks. Their negligence has caused me not only financial loss and injury but my health has very much suffered.

I need guidance please for legal help and advice on pursuing legal action to recover my money, approx £22,500, the loss incurred of £8,000, loss of earnings since December 2017 and damages/compensation for the financial and personal injury caused to me.

Thanks!

do you have any WRITTEN evidenced from the bank upon wh they reversed the chargeback?

if not

or you've done most of this by phone

then you need to gather every piece of info you can by ann SAR to

the bank

the company

etc etc.

you need to name names too!!

no good hiding

too late for that.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

retitled and moved to legals till we know who etc etc

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

retitled and moved to legals till we know who etc etc

Thankyou for your reply.

The chargeback was confirmed over the telephone to me.

I telephoned the bank reporting the fraud and they went to investigate, one week later they had reversed all the transactions back to my account. I telephoned the bank again and it was confirmed to me that it was the end of the matter and the money could not be taken from my account again.

The chargeback transactions are shown on my bank statement.

In the letter from the bank in December 2017 and in the Ombudsman's response letter:

"The bank issued a final response letter dated 21 Dec 2017 stating that it had raised a Visa chargeback claim on (Laurah's) behalf. However this was defended by the merchant for every transaction."

They have also said in the Ombudsman response letter that "(Laurah) noticed the transactions towards the end of October 2017 and raised a dispute with the bank. The bank raised a chargeback and provided a temporary refund while it carried out it's investigations".

The chargeback was raised but I was not told this was a temporary refund while they investigate! I find very hard to believe that the bank raises and credits accounts with that amount of money while investigate disputes. Had I known it was a 'temporary refund' while they go to investigate and there was risk of £40,000 being taken from my account again I would not have left it deposited in that bank account or with that bank. It was not a temporary refund.

Should I still request a SAR from the bank?

Thanks

well you've got to do something...rather than come here +12mts later and try and get help.

chargeback is always poss temporary until the finish the investigation.

TBH you've left this really late to try and now resolve it.

why has it been 12mths?

and they