Small Claims Court issue

cartti1000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A shampoo ruined my wife's hair through no fault of her own.

We've been through the letter route.

They only responded once and that was to an email we had also sent, but they acknowledged receipt of the first letter in that email.

Exasperated with their denial of liability,

we're pursuing them through the small claims court.

When I submitted the claim online, the company address I gave was taken from their website contact us page.

I'm now having doubts if this was the correct address to use as

1) their registered company address is different

2) The Royal Mail signed for letters never got marked as delivered

- it was only by chance the email they had sent mentioned they received the first letter (with the photos).

I travelled to their address and saw it was a business unit address possibly used for storage (i.e. a little smaller than a 2 bed terrace).

What should I do now

the 14 days + 5 days for issuing the court notice is nearly up?

They haven't as yet (and are unlikely to) responded to the claim

- it is tempting to just ask for judgement, but then I don't want it thrown out of court or find it impossible to collect from them.

Any advice apart from see an expensive lawyer which would then make it not worth the costs of it all?

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Check their correct address on companies house website if you have their correct company name.

That way they can't say that they never received your letters, otherwise they wouldn't receive companies house letter as well.

Check their correct address on companies house website if you have their correct company name.

That way they can't say that they never received your letters, otherwise they wouldn't receive companies house letter as well.

The companies house website lists the company name I used in the money claim under "matching previous names". The name I used I took from their website. The registered company name is the same except they've appended "& Europe LTD" to what I gave.

If the address you have used is the same and there is only a minor difference in the company name then I don't think you have much to worry about. Even if they object to the error in the company name, this is only a technicality and shouldn't eventually cause any problems.

If you have got a copy of the claim form bearing the County Court stamp then I suggest that you send it to them or even deliver it to the hairdressers business address and then fill out a certificate of service within seven days.

As a matter of interest, a much have you claimed for? How did you calculate the loss?

It could be helpful if you would post up your claim form in PDF format

Please will you put up the original in PDF format – redacted of course.