Account under review

eeezye
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello.

My account has been under review since 2/1/2019.

Everything is blocked.

Something has come to light as to why this is.

I sold my e-cig vape collection on new years eve over Facebook,

the person that bought this off me bank transferred the money which totalled £60.

It was a faster payment.

On the evening of 2/1/2019 this person told me that his wife had called the bank previously that day and said that he been conned.

He told me that his wife made the payment from her account but at first he said it was from his account but that doesn't really matter who's account it was paid from.

I had posted his item using a reputable company (Parcelforce) on the morning of 3/1/2019.

I couldn't post on the 2nd as i was working .

I used a tracked postage service which cost me £17.70.

I have attached this receipt to this email which includes a tracking number.

He wanted it posted originally on new years day which was impossible as it was a bank holiday and no post office was open.

The person who i sold this too was called (edited out).

It seems like he wants the goods and his money back as well.

I have asked him to call his bank immediately to rectify this and he keeps giving me excuses.

This is the only reason i can think as to why they have put my account under review.

Has anyone been in this situation before?

(This is the email i sent to pof@barcalys with photo of the receipt of the parcel)

Edited by dx100uk
format

Hi Eeezye and welcome to CAG

So far I fail to see how this could result in the bank freezing your account.

If there's a dispute about a transaction, the buyer can raise a complaint and ask for the individual transaction to be stopped or refunded. But that should not result in any other problem with your own banking.

Banks normally only put a freeze on an account if they are complying with their obligations imposed by Anti Money Laundering Regulations. When this happens, the bank simply removes your access to any funds until they (or the authorities have checked) are happy that your funds are not involved in wrongdoing.

Have you spoken to the bank if your access is still denied. If so, what have you been told ?

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Eeezye and welcome to CAG

So far I fail to see how this could result in the bank freezing your account.

If there's a dispute about a transaction, the buyer can raise a complaint and ask for the individual transaction to be stopped or refunded. But that should not result in any other problem with your own banking.

Banks normally only put a freeze on an account if they are complying with their obligations imposed by Anti Money Laundering Regulations. When this happens, the bank simply removes your access to any funds until they (or the authorities have checked) are happy that your funds are not involved in wrongdoing.

Have you spoken to the bank if your access is still denied. If so, what have you been told ?

Hi,

It was bank transferred to me. He has told his bank that i had scammed him which is fraud i guess so my account was put under review which resulted in my account frozen. Payments like BACS and direct debits are still allowed on the account . I been reading up endlessly on forums and Facebok groups the last few days and that is why i am quite confident this is the reason my account is under review. It's only a basic account. The most i have had credited in the account is £60 and the most i've spent is £30. There is nothing that would flag money laundering that i can think of apart from this incident

Hi Eeezye,

I asked above if you'd spoken to the bank and what they've said - please answer this.

Even if there's a dispute, you have the right to put your side of events and I can't see how the bank would impose a freeze based on the other party's allegation.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Oh, if you speak to the bank, record the call.

Otherwise communicate by email or typed letter.