Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook


A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99



Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide


An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)


Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Sugar tax?

  1. #1

    Default Sugar tax?

    What is the point of imposing a sugar tax if goods without sugar also increase in price i.e. regular Coca Cola was 1.25 increases to 1.49 after sugar tax however Diet Coca Cola also increases by the same amount so why buy the Diet Coca Cola? This applies to many other brands.


  2. #2

    Default Re: Sugar tax?

    I hope someone in power is monitoring the affordability of good healthy eating and drinking e.g it shouldn't be fresh fruit is expensive for many.


  3. #3
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    tobyjugg2's Avatar



    Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Feb 2009

    Posts
    518

    Default Re: Sugar tax?




    .. but lets not forget that it doesn't have to contain lots of 'sugar' to be unhealthy, and things that have lots of 'sugar' aren't all unhealthy

    eg
    diet coke VSicon Oranges and Pears


  4. #4

    Default Re: Sugar tax?

    Not sure of your thought comparison but i've heard diet coke will clean an oven, contains phosphoric acid can weaken bones as pushes out the calcium and linked to chronic kidney disease.Probably some sodium gluconate in there. Aspartame linked to cancer and another nasty phenylalanine.

    I'd choose oranges and pears

    https://therenegadepharmacist.com/di...lar-diet-soda/


  5. #5

  6. #6

    Default Re: Sugar tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by determindator View Post
    If that came from a reputable source like the NHS I might believe it, but is not what the thread is about! Why are sugar are low fat foods so expensive in comparison to foods that have fats & sugars added/


  7. #7

    Default Re: Sugar tax?

    It's all inter connected Surfer!


    Google is out there for more info on that. My link just a taster


    Sugar is big business for trading so the end product for investment purposes sell to consumer low make high profits. Now there's a thought


  8. #8

    Default Re: Sugar tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by determindator View Post
    Not sure of your thought comparison but i've heard diet coke will clean an oven, contains phosphoric acid can weaken bones as pushes out the calcium and linked to chronic kidney disease.Probably some sodium gluconate in there. Aspartame linked to cancer and another nasty phenylalanine.

    I'd choose oranges and pears

    https://therenegadepharmacist.com/di...lar-diet-soda/
    And the toilet pan lol


  9. #9
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    tobyjugg2's Avatar



    Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Feb 2009

    Posts
    518

    Default Re: Sugar tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer01 View Post
    Why are sugar are low fat foods so expensive in comparison to foods that have fats & sugars added/
    Because the saturated fats and salt add 'body' and 'flavour' to the giblets of animals that the cheap foods are made from

    If you dont add the saturated fats, salt and sugar, they taste like what they are ... congealed heart attack fat in poo sauce
    .. or have to make them from more expensive ingredients.


  10. #10

    Default Re: Sugar tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by citizenB View Post
    And the toilet pan lol

    What goes in comes out and gives you nutrientsdon't know what happens to us with the chemical cocktail in processed food and drinks, have heard can change your DNA, and extra refined sugar, well waists are getting bigger and diabetes up.


  11. #11

    Default Re: Sugar tax?

    I make a lot of preserves etc to use my surplus fruit and veg. I hope that I am not forced to charge people I give it to. The sugar content of strawberries is pretty high so my ice cream will be no longer fed to grandchildren and they will have to eat some gloop made of seaweed and corn instead.
    Garbage ice cream, you can blame Margaret Thatcher for that. That and sellotape that actually sticks.


  12. #12

    Default Re: Sugar tax?

    BBC1 now Britain's Fat Fight a very good watch 8-9pm


  13. #13

  14. #14

    Default Re: Sugar tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by ericsbrother View Post
    I make a lot of preserves etc to use my surplus fruit and veg. I hope that I am not forced to charge people I give it to. The sugar content of strawberries is pretty high so my ice cream will be no longer fed to grandchildren and they will have to eat some gloop made of seaweed and corn instead.
    Garbage ice cream, you can blame Margaret Thatcher for that. That and sellotape that actually sticks.
    The health benefits of Strawberries

    https://www.care2.com/greenliving/10...awberries.html


Tags for this Thread


Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details