CCJ Help

evelus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1932 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey thanks for your taking a look at this thread!

I failed to make payments of around £300 to a company Payment Assist Limited for no credit check finance on a repair on my car.

fast forward a year or so and I had received a letter at my parents house in regards to a CCJ summons (sorry dont know technical term)

I read the letter a week or so later as I dont live there anymore panicked and assumed I could deal with this outside of the court so I contacted the company on the 30th of november via email and told them that I was willing to make payment within the next couple of weeks, they confirmed this was fine and I foolishly assumed this would be the end of it, I made a payment of £50 on or around the 30th of dec and I've noticed yesterday on my credit file a CCJ active from the 17th of December.

I contacted the company who told me that the only way to settle it is to either make full payment by the 16th of Jan (this is a struggle for me at the moment so I will have to sell some of my assets) or continue paying monthly and have this on my credit file for 6 years which I assume is going to royally (Edit) me over if/when I want a mortgage in the future.

Do I just need to bite the bullet on this one? Or do I have grounds to at least extend the time as I can pay this at the end of the month easily.

Thanks for your help!

Hi and Welcome to CAG

I have moved your thread to the appropriate forum...please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I'm afraid that you will need to bite the bullet.

There is absolutely no way that you can expect any help or charity from this company or any other company. They have a judgement against you for the entire sum and there is absolutely no reason why they should settle for anything less than full payment if you want to avoid the judgement.

Whenever you enter into any kind of credit agreements with any company, you should always keep them up-to-date as to your latest address. Otherwise you risk finding that claims have been issued to a previous address and judgements obtained without you knowing. You should count yourself lucky that you have found out about this judgement in time.

Sorry. That's the bad news and I'm not sure that there is any good news. We are normally very bullish about dealing with these kinds of companies but I'm not sure what else I can advise on this occasion

When do you envisage getting a mortgage?

A (higher interest) mortgage is possible when the CCJ is one year old, a 3 year old (satisfied) CCJ will barely affect your mortage eligibility at all. After 6 years it will not even show on your credit file anymore and will be totally invisible to Lenders.

Just bear this in mind before getting too worried.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I'm afraid that you will need to bite the bullet.

There is absolutely no way that you can expect any help or charity from this company or any other company. They have a judgement against you for the entire sum and there is absolutely no reason why they should settle for anything less than full payment if you want to avoid the judgement.

Whenever you enter into any kind of credit agreements with any company, you should always keep them up-to-date as to your latest address. Otherwise you risk finding that claims have been issued to a previous address and judgements obtained without you knowing. You should count yourself lucky that you have found out about this judgement in time.

Sorry. That's the bad news and I'm not sure that there is any good news. We are normally very bullish about dealing with these kinds of companies but I'm not sure what else I can advise on this occasion

I thought as much, thanks for your help though

When do you envisage getting a mortgage?

A (higher interest) mortgage is possible when the CCJ is one year old, a 3 year old (satisfied) CCJ will barely affect your mortage eligibility at all. After 6 years it will not even show on your credit file anymore and will be totally invisible to Lenders.

Just bear this in mind before getting too worried.

I would say probably 3 years seems reasonable, unfortunately I have other debts hanging over me so there is a bigger problem at hand. Hopefully I can source the funds before 16th, Thanks for your help!