Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2019

Default Re: Abbey Life - Past Business Review Annuity Questionnaire

Well phoned at 9 a.m. this morning and got through. The man was quite abrupt said basically I should be talking Abbey Life - did not comment at all on SARicon.

I explained why we sent the SAR - because of the way Questionnaire was worded and if we answered incorrectly we might jeopardize a claim. (Past errors now raised a questions)

I said that I was concerned about a closing date for Questionnaire to be returned and was going to put it in writing. He said quite abruptly do you get statements from Abbey Life! I said 'yes' and he said that you will have phone number so phone them! He said if you have something from a company (the envelope) that is not Abbey Life then you should not speak to them.

I said it was Abbey Life who called me back and he said 'phone them!'

Maybe I didn't come across right on the phone - so it has made me feel a little unsure - but in my mind I think it is best to write rather than a phone callicon to Abbey Life -

Stating on 10th January 2019 have written to yourselves requesting a Subject Access Report. We have not returned as yet and would prefer to wait for yourselves to respond before completing Questionnaire. Please confirm in writing if you are willing to put this completed questionnaire on hold for the time being?

OR - I could phone and ask and whatever they say put it in the letter confirming call.

Thank you for the support - just writing this down is helping me clear my head.

Basic Account Holder

UPDATE: Just phoned Abbey Life - spoke to a Justin - he said just send it in as soon as you can. So will add that to letter - draft below -

This morning I phoned your Annuity Review - Dedicated Line and spoke to Justin asking if there was a closing date for Questionnaire and he said just fill it in as soon as you can.

On 10th January 2019 I have written to yourselves requesting a Subject Access Report. Before completing Questionnaire we would like to see the information we have requested.

Please confirm in writing that you are willing to put this completed questionnaire on hold for the time being until we get the information from yourselves that we require?

Yours faithfully.....

Hi.

That's disappointing about TPAS. We don't recommend ringing companies unless you can record the call so I agree that writing is better. That way you have a paper trail.

I think the letter's OK - it's a Subject access requesticon, by the way.

HB

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Thank you HB in my letter - 'report' will be changed to 'request' - my hurry before going out for appointment.

Again will send our letter by recorded delivery (i.e. not to MBA Group Limited) but to the address I sent SARicon which starts with The Customer Relations Manager, Abbey Life, etc.

(I nearly thought about asking what procedure would be if there was a mis-calculation on the final pension figure (in case there was an error in when they started to pay Waiver or Contributions - THEN - I thought 'NO' !!!! Take your advice - wait until I see what we get!)

I think that's best, get the information and then challenge them if you can see there's been an error.

HB

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Thank you x

Basic Account Holder

Good morning - unfortunately delayed in getting letter in post (have to get in car to get to a Post Office so doing it today) and I wondered about putting email address on bottom of letter.

So they could choose how to get the reply to us - or - could it make it more complicated if proof was needed? i.e. If we got no reply they could say we sent you an email must have gone to your Junk mail, etc,

Just a thought .....

Personally I would stick to real letters for the paper trail, other people may think differently.

HB

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

I will go with my thoughts as well - keep to letter.

Oh! Thought would be a good idea to add in between the already written - 'Before completing the Questionnaire, as we intend to submit it, we would like to see the information requested.'

That way they cannot say they thought we might have changed our mind once we see SARicon and not bother to complete questionnaire.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details