Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Unhappy Another Harlands/CRS thread, I need advice!

Hi,

i originally join the gymicon through lifestyle fitness in February 2017.
    I then cancelled my direct debiticon through my mobile banking app in August 2018, just after the payment was made that month on the 15th.

It is now December 2018 and I have received a lettericon from the CRS stating I owe them £250.52, “following our initial letter” even though I haven’t received a lettericon previously, haven’t received any emails stating I owe them any money or anything.

i was under the impression the gymicon membership was cancelled when the direct debit was and I haven’t heard from them until now which is 4 months after the direct debit was cancelled.

I am just looking king for advice as I don’t understand how I should be liable for paying this money when I haven’t been to the gym and had no word from them in regards to “late payments” I literally just assumed it would have cancelled 😕

This is also my first time posting a thread so I have no idea how this works haha

thanks

Follows
    Following

Default Re: Another Harlands/CRS thread, I need advice!

Have a read of other threads. Your situation is identical to theirs and so is the response

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks
    Follows
    Following

Default Re: Another Harlands/CRS thread, I need advice!

simply send one of the slick132 letters offering 1 months payment and no additional unlawful penalty fees.

if they don't accept it
    IGNORE everyone

DO NOT USE EMAIL..

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Default Re: Another Harlands/CRS thread, I need advice!

Hi Gymp and welcome to CAGicon

Yes, offer to pay just one month's fee for the notice you failed to give.

You should find example letters on some older threads that you can use. Keep the letter super-short and add nothing more.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !
    Follows
    Following

Hi,

There are so many threads i can't seem to find an example letter, would you be able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Read the draft here - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...=1#post5144800

Adapt it to reflect your own case and, if you want, put your draft here so we can check it for you first.

Send the printed letter by post and get a free Cert of Posting at the PO counter.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !
    Follows
    Following

This is the response I have had from the letter I sent regarding responde within 14 days.

Would someone be able to advise where to go from this?

Thanks

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

You've left all of your details on that letter.#

However, they lose, you clearly outlined your position to them and that you would be willing to pay the final months fee, they have predictably been rapacious and arrogant, so now get a big fat ZERO!!

Ignore them, log all of their harassment, get onto the gymsicon social media sites, and embarrass them on there, let all of their current and prospective customers know just how they will be be treated dare they leave.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!
    HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD?

Follows
    Following

uploadicon hidden

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

I cannot see your response

ive hidden your uploadicon for you.
    that's all

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Hi gymicon,

Always hide any personal detail before you post a letter or document.

I've seen their reply which is what we'd expect from Harlandsicon.

Now you do what you suggested in your offer letter - they've demanded more so you ignore all comm'ns from them. Yopur offer to pay is withdrawn.

Keep a log of all contact from Harlands/CRS and Zinc, respond to nothing for now and stay OFF the phone.

Keep us posted ..........

Thanks !
    Follows
    Following