Another Harlands/CRS thread, I need advice!

Gymppl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1841 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

i originally join the gym through lifestyle fitness in February 2017.

I then cancelled my direct debit through my mobile banking app in August 2018, just after the payment was made that month on the 15th.

It is now December 2018 and I have received a letter from the CRS stating I owe them £250.52, “following our initial letter” even though I haven’t received a letter previously, haven’t received any emails stating I owe them any money or anything.

i was under the impression the gym membership was cancelled when the direct debit was and I haven’t heard from them until now which is 4 months after the direct debit was cancelled.

I am just looking king for advice as I don’t understand how I should be liable for paying this money when I haven’t been to the gym and had no word from them in regards to “late payments” I literally just assumed it would have cancelled 😕

This is also my first time posting a thread so I have no idea how this works haha

thanks

Edited by dx100uk
spelling grammar

Have a read of other threads. Your situation is identical to theirs and so is the response

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

simply send one of the slick132 letters offering 1 months payment and no additional unlawful penalty fees.

if they don't accept it

IGNORE everyone

DO NOT USE EMAIL..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Gymp and welcome to CAG

Yes, offer to pay just one month's fee for the notice you failed to give.

You should find example letters on some older threads that you can use. Keep the letter super-short and add nothing more.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 3 weeks later...

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Read the draft here - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?489686-Credit-Resolution-Services-hassling-me&p=5144800&viewfull=1#post5144800

Adapt it to reflect your own case and, if you want, put your draft here so we can check it for you first.

Send the printed letter by post and get a free Cert of Posting at the PO counter.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 3 weeks later...

You've left all of your details on that letter.#

However, they lose, you clearly outlined your position to them and that you would be willing to pay the final months fee, they have predictably been rapacious and arrogant, so now get a big fat ZERO!!

Ignore them, log all of their harassment, get onto the gyms social media sites, and embarrass them on there, let all of their current and prospective customers know just how they will be be treated dare they leave.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Upload hidden

and they

ive hidden your upload for you.

that's all

and they

Hi Gym,

Always hide any personal detail before you post a letter or document.

I've seen their reply which is what we'd expect from Harlands.

Now you do what you suggested in your offer letter - they've demanded more so you ignore all comm'ns from them. Yopur offer to pay is withdrawn.

Keep a log of all contact from Harlands/CRS and Zinc, respond to nothing for now and stay OFF the phone.

Keep us posted ..........

• 2 weeks later...

so am i just not responding at all? Im just curious to what the outcome will be, will they keep messaging me? i want this over and done with and ignoring them wont make them drop the debt.

well it will

block and bounce everything

report the texts as spam.

nothing they can do to you.

dx

and they

Hi Gymp,

Of course you want this over quickly but responding to Harlands/CRS in any way will just encourage them.

Ignore them for now, keep a log of all contact from them and don't contact them in any way at all.

Trust us - we've been dealing with them for many years now.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

i have received another letter from them and im not sure what to do now. Im getting worried in case this affects my credit in the future.

i think i have kept my personal details out of this letter post.

CRS.jpg

lyou should be self helping and reading other like topics

then you'd know gym debts don't ever show on credit ratings

and they dont do court.

and they

i have been looking at other topics and have seen that it has been said that they can't. But its different when you have people saying they can't and then the actual threat of it.

I've been informed to post updates on here for help and thats what im doing. i have no idea what i am looking at or in that case what i am doing.

Yes, there are similar cases and i'm not denying that. I've posted this response to try and get an opinion off someone who knows what their talking about.

Thanks

Ignore ignore and ignore some more.

Harlands do NOT do court.  They dont want their unenforceable and unlawful fee's and business practices to be shown up by anyone in  authority.  They prefer to just harass and intimidate by letter knowing that some people genuinely thing harlands have some kind of power.  When in fact they have absolutely none.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Gymppl,

What more can I add - they make these threats all the time but never act !

Of the options 1 and 2 mentioned, they NEVER do Option 1............

............ and Option 2 means they'll get an outfit called Zinc Collections to write you a "scary" letter which you will ignore and they'll return the matter to Harlands/CRS.

There are hundreds of threads here that all tell the same story - ignore these fools and they'll get bored chasing you.