• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Npower - 2 year nightmare - Please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1833 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Reply from Ombudsman..... I reported that the meter was incorrect :|

Thank you for your correspondence dated February 2018. I apologise for the delay in responding - your investigation officer was not made aware that it had been received and this was only picked up recently.

You have provided copies of bills form npower. We have already received these bills as part of the npower case file and they have been reviewed.

I can confirm that we have fully investigated your complaint against npower (residential). Our conclusions are set out in the decision dated 22 January 2018.

I have reviewed the content of your subsequent email but do not consider that this warrants a change to our decision. This is because you have not provided new evidence or new information or highlighted an error in the facts that makes a material difference to the decision.

Our role in determining the complaint is over and there is nothing further we can do. You are now free to follow other routes to try to sort out the problem.

Surprise, surprise.

Now it's down to you.

Yes - but I suggest that we work out your POC here

I also think that you should make a complaint to the ICO - at least to get a reference number and a paper trail

I think that you need to issue the DPA claim first. I expect that you will get your disclosure quite quickly after they receive the papers and then you can plan the second action with greater confidence.

I don't think there is any pressing urgency at present. Correct me if I am wrong.

I think that you need to issue the DPA claim first. I expect that you will get your disclosure quite quickly after they receive the papers and then you can plan the second action with greater confidence.

I don't think there is any pressing urgency at present. Correct me if I am wrong.

No absolutely no urgency, more wanting to get the whole thing rolling really. Makes sense actually, use that claim and then leverage the second claim. Guess it’s a waiting game to see if they miss the deadline.

2 days until the deadline for the SAR is due, and i highly doubt it is going to land on my doorstep come monday.

Anything else we should add to the above letter, or send it off as is.

At this point, do I need to formally open the case with MoneyClaim, or is that after the 14 days?

Will also be doing the ICO Complaint on Monday.

The letter is probably fine. At the very least it makes the point.

Make the ICO complaint as you have said – use broadly the same arguments that they are routinely sending out these forms and that they are using your ID and contact details to send other personal data such as hills, threats, demands and that they are ignoring you. Don't tell the ICO that you are starting a legal action – you never know the ICO may then say that they will not investigate a complaint that is also subject to legal action.

Start a legal action 14 days after you have sent the LBA – make it 15 just to be comfortable. Register onto MoneyClaim online and start getting used to it. Draft a particulars of claim and post it here and we'll have a look before you click it off.

So sent off the letter.

In 14/15 days I’ll be on holiday so don’t really want to worry about processing the claim and typing it all up whilst away, so could we go through the POC beforehand, then it’s literally a case of hitting submit on the day.

I really don’t know where to start, apart from the generic, you didn’t give me the information within the timeframe allocated.

I think this is as much as you need to put in the claim at this point. I was think it's better not to provide too much detail because then they can pre-empt your arguments in their defence.

Wait for their defence to arrive – which no doubt will start bleating on about how they didn't know who you were and they need to verify your identity. We can deal with that later.

The claimant sent a properly formulated subject access request made pursuant to the Data Protection Act 2018 to the defendant on XXX date.

The defendant failed to comply with their statutory duty to disclose the claimant's personal data within the lawful deadline of 30 days.

The defendant's failure to comply with the statutory request is continuing.

The defendant is in breach of their statutory duty and furthermore has caused distress and inconvenience to the claimant.

The claimant claims damages of £50

By the way, you must also begin a formal complaint to the information Commissioner.

You should try to do this on the telephone in the first instance and then follow up with a written complaint you can send by email. You need to get hold of a reference number for your complaint.

In your complaint of course you will emphasise the points that have been made here – that they have breached the time limit – but also very importantly that they are placing unlawful obstacles by demanding further identity verification when clearly they have everything they need. Point out the information Commissioner that this is to be routine for Npower.

You should get this off immediately and it will come in handy later on to be able to say that you have done it – and if you happen to get an opinion from the ICO that Npower are in breach then of course this will destroy any kind of defence that Npower might try to make. I suggest you do it today.

• 2 weeks later...

Please will you remind me where we are on this. What was your most recent communication with Npower? Did you make the complaint to the information Commissioner?

Hang on, I think that you have sent them a letter of claim and that the 14 days expires on about the 14th or 15th of February. Is that correct?

You say that you are going on holiday. How long will you be unavailable for?

Yeah both the complaint and letter went off.

I’ll be back on the 20th, so shall see if I’ve had any correspondence then.

Got the letter that was signed as received on the 4th.

Been messing around on the moneyclaim website, so pretty sure I know my way around that. Just need to look at information to put in that, where I’m not overly sure.

It should be straightforward. Make sure that you use the correct company name and registered address in the UK. Use the particulars which I suggested in an earlier post – if you're happy with that. Don't bother to claim interest.

If you haven't heard from them on your return from holiday then you should probably just issue the papers.

Then make sure that you are on hand 14 days later to apply for judgement if they haven't put in an acknowledgement. If they don't acknowledge then apply for judgement the moment that the time limit expires. Don't hang around.

• 2 weeks later...

Well back now, had an issue that to be honest completely threw everything sideways, but life happens, so let's get back to it.

Returned back from holiday and had one letter from Npower stating that they had closed the SAR request as I did not fill out that form they had sent. This was after I had sent them the following letter

Hello,

I have today received a letter stating that you need to verify my details in order to comply with a standard Subject Access Request.

Please note that I have provided you with the required information, sent from the email address held on the account, account numbers, and home address the accounts are registered.

As per ICO you are not permitted to make someone fill out a specifically designed form for a standard SAR. Please see follow extract from ICO website:

Should we provide a specially designed form for individuals to make a subject access request?

Standard forms can make it easier both for you to recognise a subject access request and for the individual to include all the details you might need to locate the information they want.

Recital 59 of the GDPR recommends that organisations ‘provide means for requests to be made electronically, especially where personal data are processed by electronic means’. You should therefore consider designing a subject access form that individuals can complete and submit to you electronically.

However, even if you have a form, you should note that a subject access request is valid if it is submitted by any means, so you will still need to comply with any requests you receive in a letter, a standard email or verbally.

Therefore, although you may invite individuals to use a form, you must make it clear that it is not compulsory and do not try to use this as a way of extending the one month time limit for responding.

I feel at the present moment you are obfuscating the process. I will not be filling out your form, and as initial request was made on the 29th December, you have 14 days remaining in which to comply with the Subject Access Request as is my right under GDPR law, or a complaint shall be raised to ICO.

Many thanks,

So that is interesting.

Then another letter dated 2 days later stating that they had got the request for SAR and were now working on this.

Obviously I have banked both those letters.

Does that change anything that I will need to place when I submit the moneyclaim thingy later on in the day?

Just wanted to make sure before doing anything.

As of now, they have not acknowledged the letter of claim. It was signed for the following day. So they have had even longer to reply, but yet haven't.

Many thanks,

David

No, I don't think there is anything else you need to do. As long as you are aware that there is a risk that you might lose – very remote risk in my view – but always a risk and that you could lose your claim fee.

The possible losses are extremely low – and apart from anything else I would have thought that once the claim is issued and they realise what they have got that the SAR disclosure will arrive. It would be amazing wouldn't it, if they received a claim from you which they dealt with and yet still denied that you are who you say you are.

Be aware that if you do issue the claim, then they may decide to counterclaim for any outstanding sums. Personally I don't think there would be a bad thing. It would force everything out into the open and also it would mean that they would have spared you the hassle of having to bring your own claim for the money.

However, once you issue the claim, you will start having to pay attention to deadlines and knocking it back on time and not getting sidetracked

Personally hope they counterclaim.

Anyway claim is all done and funnily enough, got this email today.

Thank you for your recent letter of claim regarding your Individual Rights in line with the new GDPR legislation.

Firstly, we would like to apologise for the issues you have encountered in receiving your data following your earlier requests. As you have advised, as you had already provided sufficient information in order for us to process your request the verification forms were not necessary. Unfortunately, your earlier requests were not passed directly to the Individual Rights Team and we were therefore unaware of the information you had provided. Please be reassured that the issue of the forms was in no way an attempt to delay the issue of the data you require.

The information you have requested will be ready to be sent to you by the end of this week as we are currently waiting for data from one of our third party agents. In order to get the system data to you quickly we will arrange to load this to a secure location for you. You will receive a separate email which will enable you to access your data. The information will be there for the next 60 days.

Unfortunately the secure location will not currently support our call recording data and we will arrange for this to be sent to you on an encrypted USB by special delivery which will require a signature on delivery.

Once again please accept our apologies for the issues you have encountered.

Kind regards