Vanquis - finally an end is in sight.....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

long time no log in!!

I've been battling with Vanquis since their email to me around July time of this year when they advised me that they were uping the minimum payment so that my balance 'can be paid off quicker'.

Yeah, right!!

Since this increase in the minimum payment, i've been sending them around £190.00 a month since August (my balance was over £3,500) and although i've seen the balance reduce, if you're clearing your balance quicker, surely the more it's reduced the less your minimum payments should be getting every month.

Not with these theiving SOB's.

I took a ROP payment holiday in September this year and they caused that up to the extent that they actually refunded me £160.00 which i thought was quite amusing, as their Customer Service people had to admit they cocked up!!

With regard to the ROP payments i had been making as well

- i thought this was only a one-off payment of £40 as that was the way it was explained to me at the time i signed up to it, but it transpires that this £40.00 was being charged EVERY month - quite a high price for a yearly 'payment holiday'. No wonder my balance never seemed to be going down before i had this removed from my account!

Another email was received around mid-November time saying 'sorry' about the mis-selling of the ROP facility and they they could have explained it better etc, etc.

Bottom line is that they have refunded me the interest AND the premiums over the amount of time i've had this and they credited my account with just over £1,270.00!

My balance is now down to £1,700 and after my remortgage is finalised very soon, that remaining balance will be paid off and these people are getting kicked into touch..... after i've told them in no uncertain words what i think of this bunch of thieves.

As others have said here - if you have a Vanquis Card, get shot of it as soon as you can.

The best thing that can happen to this bunch of blatant Rip-Off merchants is for them to go the same way as Monument did.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

well done

make sure they've not added £12 penalty fees too nor trashed your credit file!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...