Car repair or replace

Andy77799
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1917 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Up to the insurer. If they can fix it to new by repair, they will as its usually cheaper.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You have the right to have the car returned into the conditioner was before the accident occurred.

this means that you should check the car when the work is completed and if you don't think that it has been returned to that condition then you shouldn't sign it off and you should object

Refuse this work.

You don't want PANELS full of filler that will crack a couple of years down the line.

Then if you have a cheap runaround (a scrap I mean), just accept it.

Thats what I thought, my problem being is it is a private hire and I have paid for re plating on 10th Jan

I refused a rental due to excess and was only gonna miss a weeks work

so wasn`t claiming loss of earnings due to hassle(last time it took 1.5 years to get it).

So not sure I could claim re plating back if not done in time!

As BankFodder says, the general responsibility of insurers is only to repair to the condition the car was pre-accident. They are not required to repair or replace parts 'as new'.

Policies usually spell this out in more detail. This is a typical example (this is AXA's wording):

We will pay for loss of or damage to .... [your car] We may choose to replace them, to repair them or pay an amount equal to the loss or damage.

We may choose to repair your car with recycled parts, where appropriate. Parts used may not have been made by your car’s manufacturer but will be of a similar standard. All repairs carried out by our approved repairers are guaranteed throughout the time that you own your car.

"Recycled parts" [means] Parts that are recycled from other cars including parts denoted by the motor trade industry as "green".

Check the wording in your own policy. It will say something similar.

I have no idea what "parts denoted by the motor trade industry as "green". means. Anyone know?

Edited by Andyorch
Typo

When the vehicle is ready for collection, maybe it can be checked by an independent person? Personally I would not be happy with filler being used as this can probably be seen straight away when trading in the vehicle and you will get a knocked down price.