Parcel sent to wrong address?

finaldj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Wifes parents recently moved house and a parcel was sent to them but the wrong house number, £50+ food hamper tracked by my hermes. it was signed for on the on the 20th but didn't find out till 2 days ago it was sent to the wrong house. He's been round to the house and they have denied all knowledge of having it.

Just wondering where we stand legally on this as the parcel wasn't in the persons name who signed for it. is it a case of tuff luck or can the police be contacted for theft?

You need to find out if it was delivered there and get a copy of the signature. It may have been delivered, but hermes have a reputation for packages being signed for, but not traceable.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D