City sprint unsolicited parcel

labrat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Friend had a parcel delivered today its not his

They came last week and he refused it as it wasn't his name but did have his address on it

Today they tried again and left it with a neighbour...

Theres no return address, he's opened it to see if there's an invoice - it's a dozen bottles of wine and champagne with no invoice

He's tried to get hold of the courier but all parcelforce know is that they were delivering for citysprint - they gave the Slough depot as their pickup address

They aren't answering the phone

I've told them to put it safe and keep trying but if citysprint decide to deny all knowledge what do they do then? He has also checked and no-one on his road uses that name

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Well the temptation of course is to simply have a very Merry Christmas – but on the other hand, imagine if it was your parcel which had gone astray. Also, if they eventually realise it was you you would be responsible for it and have to replace it.

Probably the best thing to do is to put it away when out of sight and smell! Write the courier a recorded delivery letter giving them all the details and tell them that you will wait for a calendar month before disposing of it but you will also levy a daily storage charge if it is not dealt with within seven days.

I think at the end of the calendar month – say end of January, you can say that you have been upfront and done all the right things and start looking around for a reason to celebrate.

If they do come back to you then I would say that you should charge a daily storage charge of about £3 per day – and don't let it go until you get the money.

They're not wine drinkers so no temptation there

I might need to stay away from their house however...

Will get them to write to the depot and see what they say

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

get a very long straw....

https://tinyurl.com/y7hu3xuk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I used to work for City Sprint albeit a few years ago now - out of High Wycombe and Slough. It is surprising to learn the phones are not being answered because it is a 24 - 7 operation with the phones out of working hours being switched to a central service.

The control operators are still some of the same when I worked there and they cannot understand not receiving your calls. Either you are miss dialing or you have an obsolete number. If the package had been wrongly or badly delivered the courier responsible would have been told to go back and collect the package and deliver it properly. Deliveries all need a signature and are GPS tracked.

Make sure the number you have is correct and call again - failing that call their head office in London and complain.

I'll get them to check the number - I have no idea which one their using if I'm honest

I don't think it would come under wrongly or badly delivered as it has come to the address on the box - it's just not theirs

Unfortunately I won't be seeing them now until after Christmas but will check with them then

Please note:

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update

They managed to get in touch with City sprint - they've told them they will get in touch with the sender (wholesaler) and get back to them once they know what they want doing with the parcel

Please note: