Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018 received Royal Assent 20th Dec 2018

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Government welcomes landmark law which will improve the safety of tenants

Heather Wheeler MP has welcomed a new law to help boost standards in rented homes.

new law that will help to boost standards in rented homes and give tenants more powers to hold their landlord to account has been welcomed by Housing and Homelessness Minister, Heather Wheeler MP today (20 December 2018).

Under the Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act, landlords of both social and privately rented properties must make sure that their properties meet certain standards at the beginning and throughout a tenancy. If they fail to do this, tenants have the right to take legal action – making this a landmark moment for the rented sector.

READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-welcomes-landmark-law-which-will-improve-the-safety-of-tenants

Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2018/34/contents/enacted/data.htm

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I am happy that this bill has passed. I live in council property and repairs needed are quickly done by polite and considerate council workers. The same cannot be said when private landlords get involved.

My son lived in a house that had inferior heating, doors that either wouldn't open properly or close properly and his landlord did nothing apart from booting them out.

I wish I could say that Housing Associations were as good as councils but that is not the case. One of the local Housing Associations outsource repairs to a private company who happily take the money but don't do a proper job (i.e bodge it)

Hopefully this new law will assist people that feel they have nowhere to turn.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE