Issue with DW FITNESS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I took a contract out with DW Fitness 5 months ago purely based on the fact they had certain cardio equipment I intended to use over winter listed on their website.

I’ve only used the gym 5 or 6 times since and only for weights as the weather was good so I’ve had no need to do indoor cardio.

Ive since been back to use the cardio equipment and it turns out the gym don’t even have the equipment, it’s listed clearly on their website in the cardio information section of the club I joined. Essentially I’ve been paying for months for the privilege of kit they don’t even have!

ive contacted them several times to ask them to cancel my membership due to the fact I was misled by their website and the fact they don’t offer the facilities they claim, however they just ignore my communications and they don’t answer the phones full stop.

I’ve obviously kept a electronic record of all of my attempts with , my last email I informed them if they neglected to reply to me again I’d simply hold them in breach of contract for failing to provide me with a resolution due to a lack of engagement.

They still continue to ignore me.

The staff at the gym are no help, they say to complain electronically which comes to nothing, or say theyll get back to you and never do.

Where do I stand on this due to the fact it was false advertisement that got me to sign up in the first place, plus their reluctance to engage or assist me with the problem.

Can I just cancel my payment and cut contact with them and treat them with the same contempt?

thanks for your time

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

pers i'd be contacting my bank and invoking the DD guarantee and get ALL your payments back.

the bottom line is:

there is nothing a gym can do to you

no gym has done court in over 5yrs now.

any DCA the paymasters Harland set upon you are totally powerless like any DCA on ANY debt - they are NOT bailiffs and have ZERO legal powers.

gyms debts don't appear on your credit file.

once you've done that, and things settle shall we say the way we know they operate, then WRITE to the gym and offer a reasonable sum for the time you were there and did use things.

if they don't accept..stuff 'em.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Agree with DX. but follow it up with a email or letter to them stating what you previously said, and then leave it at that. They misadvertised and broke their own contract.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks for the replies guys.

I’ve cancelled the direct debit, I’m sure they’ll be in touch as soon as the bank notify them I’ve cancelled it. I did tell them in the last communication I’d do so if they ignored me so they can’t have any complaints.

If they contact me I’ll send them a letter explaining why and send them the record of my previous attempts at finding a diplomatic resolution and tell them I consider them in breach of contract and have therefore terminated my end of the agreement and that I expect them to do the same in light of their false advertisement.

Tbf even if they did want to take it to court I’ll be happy to attend as they haven’t got a leg to stand on. If they attach a DCA I’ll simply tell them to send me the court paperwork and date I need to attend, no other communication will be necessary or acknowledged as they have no case from which to work anyway.

i know they won’t but it lets them know where i stand

Thanks again

Nope. If they send a dca, dont play letter tennis, no matter how much it satisfies you. Its much better to just blank them out.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi TW and welcome to CAG

You're right to cancel the DD mandate if the gym does not have the advertised equipment available.

I personally would not go so far as to reclaim the DD's paid so far because :-

1. You've used the gym facility 5 or 6 times.

2. It was your responsibility to check the gym had the equipment that was important to you. As soon as you found it didn't, you should have cancelled.

Once the gym or admin company starts chasing for payment, you should send the shortest of letters saying they advertised equipment that they failed to provide and were in breach of your gym agreement.

Keep us posted.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)