£10k negative Paypal balance - Federal Management, Avarto, now Wescot

glocke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Have just over £10,000 negative balance on paypal.

I have or had a gambling issue where it got out of control.

I haven't touched any online accounts in just over two weeks.

I can put in my paypal account roughly £500 per month.

Should I contact paypal and set up a repayment plan.

I received the following e-mail this morning.

It's very important that you address the balance on your account today to ensure continued availability of your paypal account and to avoid additional collection efforts.

Appreciate all your help.

Hi and Welcome to CAG

I have moved your thread to the appropriate forum ..Online Stores...please continue to post here to your thread.

You may find the following thread of interest...

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?476376-Paypal-Big-negative-balance

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Ignore ignore and ignore some more. They dont do court and they dont sell debts on. How did they let you get 10k in debt? That shows they have very flawed procedures.

However if you want to pay them, work out your I&E and offer something you can afford. Unless you earn a LOT of money, certainly dont offer 500 a month.

The email you recieved is simply an automated one that no human apart from you has looked at.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

As stated ignore Paypal. If you want to pay them off do so under your terms not theirs. Pay only what you can realistically afford and only pay THEM do not pay anyone else.

You can safely ignore them if you wish because after an initial flurry of threatograms things will go silent.

Your only (MINOR) problem would be if you needed to use a Paypal account again at some time in the future - for example to use eBay. To open a new account all you need to do is change your details - use a different email address - use a different bank account and change your address details slightly. Registration with Paypal is automated so if the details differ slightly you will be accepted as no human monitors this as far as I have been able to ascertain.

• 1 month later...

IGNORE THEM. Why are you so insistent on talking with a DCA? The debt was created by paypal. They wont do court over it. They wont mark your credit file. Stop thinking that the worst will happen.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thanks for your quick reply.

Just worried because it’s a lot of debt, are PayPal really not going to come chasing for thousands of pounds?

Sorry if I’m repeating myself but I’m mega stressed.

No they wont come because the debt was their own making. Read across the internet. Some people are allegedly in debt for tens of thousands. Nothing ever happens. They just know people will get scared and cough up when a DCA comes calling.

You also NEVER talk to a DCA that doesnt own the debt, as they have absolutely zero powers to do anything. The fact youre considering talking to them simply because theyre calling you shows their plan is working. Ignore the phone calls. Ignore the emails.

If they were to do ANYTHING, they would send a letter by post that is a PaP letter. Not just a silly begging letter or threatogram.

E-mail and text this morning below from a debt collection company named Arvato. I guess I can expect to get continually pestered for the next few weeks before they give up?

Dear -----------------------------------,

Please let us know if you would like us to write to you at a different email address.

This is an urgent message from AFS.

Please visit your secure RISE notification at ________________________

Alternatively you can contact us on 0344 472 9316 quoting this unique reference number -----------------

Thank you

Block and bounce back the emails. Ignore texts. If they are serious about anything, they MUST send a proper letter via post. And thats the OC. Not a silly DCA that has absolutely no power or authority over ANYTHING.

• 2 weeks later...

You will get 2 to 3 letters over a Good few months then nothing. That's why they're emailing you instead of writing. Then last email was an obvious phishing attempt.

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

Received a couple of letters and texts from Wescot regarding my negative paypal balance.

Has been negative since December 2018.

Arvato pestered me with a few letters in January 2019.

Any reason why Wescot have now started after 13 months?

Would they buy the debt off paypal?

Do I have any reason to be concerned?

Arvato got nowhere with me last year so guess they gave up.

who are wetcloths client??

and is the debt a negative paypal balance or paypal credit?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to £10k Paypal debt - Federal Management, Avarto, now Wescot

threads merged 

please keep to one thread per debt

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

that's ok sorted now.

continue to ignore everyone.

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Yes get on the ignore train. That's what I'm doing with two £5k debts (yes they let me do it with another account after I already owed them £5k from same story as you). We made no credit agreement with them regarding this. Hopefully the gambling credit card rules in April will include this (I'm not sure they will but there was some mention of paypal for gambling)

One of mine is also with Westcot (the other hasn't reached them yet). I wonder how many Paypal £5k debts they are chasing 😂

Edited by paydayjoke

• dx100uk changed the title to £10k negative Paypal balance - Federal Management, Avarto, now Wescot