Vodafone charge for exceeding myfi mobile wihtout notifications

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Vodafone have recently charged me for going over my myfi data allowance without giving me notification that I am about to exceed my allowance as they have done before via the app for the device. I have now been billed for £245 for over using me device without my knowledge.

I spoke to the complaints department today who have told me that they can reduce the bill by £44! and that I should have self managed my allowance by checking my app despite me telling them that the app is not working. They pointed out that my bill will increase due to late payment (I refused to pay ) and that my details are now with the bailiffs!

I found that I am not the only one with the problem when I searched online this afternoon I found that I am not the only one with the problem. Apparently its in their contract to advise their customer that they are about to go over their allowance. Can someone advise or tell me if this the right way to approach the problem and if so how should I go about it. I did find a link for this but the post wont let me add it as I am new.

Thank you

Hi and Welcome to CAG

Is this the link you refer to ...?

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Mobile-Broadband/Additional-data-charges-DON-T-PAY-if-you-didn-t-get-notification/td-p/2580410

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Mobile-Broadband/No-notification-for-excess-data-use-and-charges-on-mobile/td-p/2614985

" Our Ts&Cs do state that if you have a data cap enabled, you'd be notified when you're nearing your allowance to see if you wanted to leave this on our remove it to continue using the data. As you've had additional charges, I'd assume you never had the data cap enabled and because of this, weren't notified. Although we do try to send notifications to customers about their usage, it isn't a contractual requirement.

The charges are also highlighted in the Ts&Cs and therefore would be justifiable and you'd be liable for them as the data has been used. "

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

They never said your details are with bailiffs. What they would have said is they passed your details to a DCA. Who can do absolutely nothing.

Also the notifications are a courtesy. Theyre under no obligation to send them.

Youc ould try a complaint to the head office, but chances are that youll have to pay the majority of the amount. After all, you did use it and surely you would have noticed the amount you used exceeded previous amounts.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

No really she definitely said bailiffs! and apparently my credit rating is also now effected! as per their letter.

You are right I did use the device however on the one previous occasion that I was approaching my usage limit I received notifications which suggest that I had a cap in place.

However on the latest occasion I did not receive any notifications I did not remove the cap so who did?.

I am not the only person this has happened too as I have found out.

If they say bailiffs, i would put in a formal complaint. Bailiffs will not happen 4at all unless its gone to court, you lose, you fail to pay, it goes back to court and the court grants enforcement orders. THis can take MONTHS, even a year or more.

regarding your questions , the only way to find out is to send a SAR to vodafone and go through the response with a fine comb

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You need to be issued with court summons and then not to bother to go to court before your credit file is affected. We did Vodaphone many years ago and had a similar issue and will not go anywhere near them again. Despite us proving that they were in the wrong we still had to pay nearly £800. Unfortunately no CAG then.

I will be staying well away from them after this is over.

We have advised that for years...but still some fall for it :-)

I had running with Vodafone approx 15 years ago.

However, now that you can apply a £0 cap on your account, I have gone back to them as they were the cheapest for what I wanted.

Of course, keep a secure record of the cap so if they "accidentally" turn it off, you can prove that you gave them clear instructions.