Denied boarding & flight delay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1858 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

1. IBERIA: I was denied boarding by Iberia, they have been very slow in dealing with me, asking me for paspost details, birth certificate, bank account in very slow manner, but so far no compensation whatsoever, this goes back to late August. I am not sure what to do now, I threathned them with legal action if they were not to compensate me within 7 days, but nothing from them, no communication either.

Shall I take them to court ?

2. LUFTHANSA: I had a flight delay back in 2016, I requested 250 euros, which they paid me, however when I realized it was more as it was a connection flight and according to the distance criteria it should have been 600 euros, I asked them to pay me the difference, their response was negative.

Is it worth taking my case further, or is it because I accepted the first settlement it will be considered as a final one ? ANd shall I take them to court ?.

Thank you

PS. this is a six passenger claim & my claims fall within the criteria for compensation

1 you didnt follow this up by actually issuing a claim so they know that you are just bluffing. This will make anything you do less likely to succeed other than actually issuing a claim.

2 you REQUESTED 250 euros and they paid. If you had requested the amount due under law and they paid 250 euros you can demand the full amount but you got what you asked for.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

• 2 months later...

Well with Iberia it wasn't my fault, they overbooked the flight and was denied this was in August. They acknowledged it was their fault and only offered 150 euros per passenger, I had to take it further with them to request full compensation 400 euros.

Lufthansa... as I wasnt sure as it happened in 2016 and didn't even have full details, but just recalled being late, so I tried with minimum compensation and i was surprised that it worked, actually they paid up quickly within a month. 

I wrote to them and asked for more but they declined. Not sure if I can still take this further.

Ok, so with iberia you can definitely do something. 

Did you take the £150 and then asked for £400?

Or you declined the £150 offer?

Did they put you on another flight?

If so, how much later did you arrive at destination?

Lufthansa: you need to dig out the €250 payment letter/email and see if there's something along the lines of "acceptance of this compensation is deemed to be in full and final settlement of your claim".

This can make a lot of difference. 

I received vouchers to be redeemed with any booking or cashed at their desk on Madrid. So I had no choice but to ask for full compensation since I was entitled. I didn't  use the vouchers.

Lufthansa... i recall asking for less as i was not sure, but since they paid i requested more i will look into it.

Edited by salimnina

So you need to start a fresh claim.

In your letter enclose the unused vouchers and tell them you did not accept them as compensation. 

Email as well as sending a physical recorded delivery letter seems to gain their attention