Empark UK Ltd windscreen PCN - unauthorised parking - Mount Vernon Cancer centre.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I request your assistance for dealing with DRP (Dept recovery plus ltd) who are acting on behalf of Empark UK Ltd operating on ground of Mount Vernon Cancer centre.

I had a letter on 12th April 2018 that my vehicle was issued with a penalty charge notice on 12th February 2018 for the reason of 'parked in marked ambulance bay'.

I disputed the matter in writing that;

1. My vehicle was never parked in the bay

2. No where the location states 'Ambulance bay' rather at one point it says 'Authorised vehicles'. The parking area is used by Ambulances, private hire vehicles (who are contracted by hospital to pick up/drop off passengers) and also for people who pick up and drop off passengers.

My mother is a cancer patient.

On 12th she attended hospital to see the consultant, due to some internal issues she continued to wait for over 4 hours and her condition deteriorated, started vomiting

i drove the car from the car park which is fair distance to the door of cancer centre (never parked in the bay), i then walked in, pushed her wheel chair to the car.

Within this matter of minutes, the parking attendent issued a ticket and had gone to avoid confrontation.

I went back to the reception and explained the matter, showed them the parking ticket i had paid.

I left the parking notice with them and was assured that this matter will be taken care of.

After few weeks I received letter demanding the payment. I wrote on 29 April 2018 back with all the details as above.

I then had rejection on 22nd June 2018 and that i can write to POPLA.

I must admit at that time, my mother wasn't well and I was struggling to look after her full time and also concentrating on my full time degree course that i did not spend time to attend to that matter.

Now on 17th Dec, I received letter from DRP (Dept recovery plus ltd) demanding £145.00 by 26th December.

I had a look to see if i can appeal but POPLA only accept appeals within 28 days which i missed..

what options do i have?

anything i can do??

I have been in full time studies and out of work for over a year now.. can't really afford to pay..

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

are you sure the paperwork says...penalty charge notice?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DX100uk,

I left the paper with cacner centre admin which was left on my car at the time of incident and can't really say if it was penalty charge notice or parking charge notice.

I only have the letter now which was sent from DRP and i can see it has the following references;

Our reference no. 58XX7XX

Date of this notice: 12/12/2018

Parking charge date: 16/02/2018

parking charge notice no.: 8200004XX

vehicle registration no.: XXXXXXX

The creditor: Empark (UK) Ltd

Reason for issue: Ambulance parking only in marked ambulance bays

does this help?

@silverfox1961, the form had details as provided above. Apolgoies if i have missed any other details?

Which NHS trust is the Mount Vernon Centre part of?

As it stands, I would contact the hospital and complain about the ticket as they are ultimately responsible for the parking company's actions. You can ask PALS for this information.

As members of the BPA, they must follow the guidelines in their code of conduct. POPLA may allow an appeal out of time due to the circumstances at the time.

Empark are a bit of an unknown at the moment so it really depends on what they do next. Sending debt collection letters is a waste of time as they can do nothing to you.

The only time to respond is if a Letter Before Action/Claim arrives.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

As per NHS website, Mount vernon is part of 'The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust'. Did I understand it correctly that I do not need to reply to DRP for now. Instead, write a letter of complaint to hospital and wait for their response?

DRP can do nothing-ever. Only Empark can.

Yes, complain to the hospital but you need to find out which department deals with parkinh which is why I suggested that you contact PALS first.

https://www.thh.nhs.uk/patients/advice/form/palsform.php

Could you please confirm the actual date you received the ticket. On post 1 you said the12th February and a subsequent post said the 16th February.

Could you please also post up the Notice to Keeper and can you remember the date you received it-maybe a bit of a tall order but it could kill their stupid ticket stone dead.

Edited by lookinforinfo
Not sure if I was logged on.

apologise for the confusion. I made a mistake in my first post. I went through my emails again and correction as follows;

1. Parking charge notice was issued on 16th February 2018 (the notice was left sticking on the windscreen)

2. I then received a letter dated 12th April 2018 (I would have received it a day or two later) demanding payment that that parking charge notice is still unpaid.

3. I challenged via email on 29th April 2018

4. They rejected my challenge via email reply on 22nd June 2018.

I am assuming that the letter dated the 12th April was the Notice to Keeper from Empark and not a demand for payment from the unregulated

numpties at DR+. If it was an NTK then it should have arrived with you no later than the 13th April. As the Courts reckon that delivery of first class mail is deemed to be on the second day after posting then their notice arrived too late to comply with POFA.

It is surprising that the Hospital appears to have either done nothing to have your ticket cancelled or were unsuccessful in cancelling it.If the latter one would have thought from common courtesy that you would have been informed and hopefully a reason given. It is typical of the thieving rogues that are the main parking companies should insist on payment even though they now know that you only stopped long enough to pick up your ailing Mother. [i do hope that she is responding well to treatment.] You are allowed to pick up a passenger on double red lines for heaven's sake. Just goes to show what a heartless bunch of crooks they are at Empark.

Please do not even think about paying them a single penny. Post up a copy of the NTK as I understand you do not have the windscreen ticket.

Unauthorised parking is not a contrcat but a prohibition. They will lose any claim against you as they didnt offer you terms to aprk, merely relying on a sign that says you cnat.

This is not an offer but a prohibition and so any demand for payment is unlawful. That menas you can sue them for obtaining your keeper detsils unlawfully but that is another story. For the moment ignore anything any debt collector says as they have no interest in anything. Dont be tempted to try and resolve this in a hurry, you wont. Best just keep all paperwork safe and get some pictures of the signage at the site of you can do so easily.

The company itself has a chequered past and money troubles. NCP owns over 75% of its shares so that makes me wonder if the contract between Empark and the hospital is all it should be. If they fancy their chances collecting money via the courts that is the first thing to challenge

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

I followed the link and have submitted a request asking PALs to assist me with who to contact at the hospital to discuss this matter. Still awaiting a response. In the meantime, I have scanned and attached the last letter I received. I am looking for previous letters in the meantime.

@lookingforinfo. thank you for your kind thoughts. She had surgery and recovering well. (I thought to write more but sometimes words don't really help to express us well) but thank you once again.

also, thank you @ericsbrother for your comment. much appreciated.

ticket-p.pdf

upload hidden

no good you putting XXXX through things

what are we supposed to do

pretend we cant read your details through them>>>

you've also left your name in plain sight

read upload it tells you what to do.

that's a letter from a powerless DCA

a dCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and have

ZERO legal powers on any debt.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

lol I aint that good then with editing, also intention was to simply not publish personal details on public forum.

RE reading my personal details, honestly I am not worried about you seeing my details, you guys spend much of your time helping others, surely you can be more trusted.

I have read through the guidelines and will upload the documents later. thanks dx100uk.

us guys..

you do realise anyone can view this forum

even the NME...

think about it...

dx

and they

they are hidden

only you and siteteam can see them.

and they

you don't need to discuss this with anyome, who suggested that you should? The desire to reach a speedy conclusion is the dowbnfall of most people who fail in their fight with the parking cos's.

So what EXACTLY did you put in your letter to PALS? Why do you think they have any knowledge on matters such as this?

Look the hospita employed these bandits, do you really think they are going to help you lose them money when they bought the lie that got the parking co the job? They are part of the problem, the only way of getting the hspital to support them is to embarrass the hell out of them by showing how stupid the parking co is and that they are culpable for their excesses. That normally does it.

Read the thread about the Wythenshawe hospital and what they sad about the theft of £200k of their money, it was a lie designed to gain sympathy for them.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras, typos