Snap Fitness

MrJohnW
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a financial and communication issue with snap fitness,

told them to stuff it and I wouldn't pay them anymore (worded nicer) as they could not fulfil their end of the contract.

They tried to charge me twice(I had a new card, so no monies taken).

Multiple contacts with them (via e-mail and messenger) with no return responses as promised.

Now getting threatening letters from them,

apparently I owe them 73.9, what the hell is 73.9?

Is it worth spending time and effort as they don't respond to communcations or get back to you as promised

(ignored by multiple staff members locally and at HO).

They have given me 10 days to respond before they send it out to a DCA.

Hi JW,

Snap fitness - is that the gym or the admin people (Harlands/CRS use the name SNAP for their DD system).

Don't respond to any demands for now until we know more. Nothing nasty will happen

1. Briefly, what was the issue with the gym or the admin company ?

2. Were you in a 12 month agreement for the gym and when did you join ?

3. When did you tell them to "stuff it" ?

4. Who is now making threats or demands ?

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Snap Fitness is the name of the Gym, its a worldwide franchise.

I had a membership issue, I reached out twice over two weeks and had no response to my query.

Then the bank re-issued my card after it was taken by a faulty cash machine,

I reached out again asking how to get updated details on the system (payment for the gym is taken monthly in advance by card) and had no response.

The day after payment was to be taken the gyms credit controller sent me two communications to complain it had not been paid and they were charging me a non payment fee as well.

I was livid as they cant respond to my membership queries but can jump on me like that because "money is owed", told them so and that I was done and would not be paying any more to them. They promised me a manager would get back to me as I had not had responses and that was not right. Nothing happened.

A month later they tried to take payment for another month and failed.

They now claimed I owed two months of which I had had no use of the gym.

I reached out again and once more had no response.

This is all in writing.

It is a monthly rolling agreement, paid in advance by card.

I have had no use of the facilities during this time.

I told them to "Stuff it" after their failure to communicate with me and their attempt to penalise me because they did not respond to my communications.

The Local Gym club manager is now sending me threatening letters, everything else was electronically communicated.

Thanks to read receipts I know that my initial three queries were read by the club, and when.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

They cant do anything. ALl they can do is send threatograms. Them saying pay or we'll pass it to a dca... who cares. A DCA cant do ANYTHING.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi JW,

I suggest type-written letters to Snap Gym Head Office, and to the local gym, as follows :-

Dear Sir or madam,

I refer to my rolling monthly membership at [town/city] gym.

On xxdate and on xxdate, I sent emails about a membership issue but received no acknowledgement or reply. My emails were received and read and I have "read receipts" saved.

Although you seemed unable or unwilling to reply to my emails, you wasted no time at all in chasing for payments when the next DD payment was due, and demanding admin fees on top.

I have no faith in your ability to administer my membership fairly and consider the membership terminated immediately.

If you harass me for membership and/or admin fees, or instruct a third party to do so, I will make formal complaints as necessary about your conduct.

Yours faithfully,

Send to HO by post and get a free Certificate of Posting at the PO. Do the same with the copy addressed to the gym manager or take the letter in to the gym yourself.

Let us know what happens next ..........

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Ignore them too. They cant do anything and theyd be stupid to try. Do they really want a court to see all the unenforceable and unlawful charges theyve added?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

ignore

block and bounce back all text and emails.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...