Urban Outfitters - Online Delivery Cost Refund Dispute

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello!

I've got into a slight dispute with Urban Outfitters, as I've asked for my delivery cost to be refunded as I returned the whole order and was therefore entitled to it

I ordered a t-shirt on 19/11/18 it cost £3.99 for delivery

I returned in a branch on the high st on 04/12/18 and was automatically sent a refund email for the t-shirt

So I wrote to customer services asking for my delivery back as per the Consumer Contracts Regulations

They refused to refund it and when I re-sent my email back they've now responded/ asked:

Hi Shelly,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please advise if you submitted a cancellation form to cancel your contract with us with in 14 days of delivery?

Thanks,

Karlie

UO Customer Services

And the answer to that is 'no'

This is the 1st time I've been challenged when asking for delivery costs back, usually ASOS just does it without question. And Silver by Mail apologised and refunded when I asked only earlier this month

So my query is - (as I cannot find the answer elsewhere). Is this grounds for refusal to refund as I didn't submit my intention to return?

Have they got me here?

depends what they have in their contract for returns.

If they say you bear the return costs other than under your statutory rights then they can insist you pay the return costs or the original postage.

They must make it abundantly clear at the outset though, they cant just decide to keep the money after the event.

Now returning it to a store automatically cancels the contract so they are being stupid over this.

However, some places like H&M have separate accounting systems for their stores and online shopping so cant actually cope with a return when you buy by one method and return by the other. When I complained about a similar thing to H&M I got a £30 voucher for the inconvenience. Urban outfitters could learn from that.

Go back to them and tell them that the return automatically voided the contract so their waffle is just that.

If they stick to that story you should start leaving messages on their social media pages questioning their understanding of the law and pint out that a hidden contractual term makes an unfair contract under S62 of the CRA and do they really think they are above the law?

Embarrass them if they dont refund.

Tell everyone on other store websites how wonderful the returns system is compared to UO and how they dont refund you fully.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Thanks for the info ericsbrother!

Their returns and cancellations policy states:

If you simply change your mind about the item you have bought from us online, you can return it to us for a refund (the initial delivery charges are non-refundable) or an exchange within 30 days from the date of dispatch. You can return either in-store or post back to our Distribution Centre Items must, however, be in a resalable condition and:

Swimwear and intimate apparel must be returned unworn, with the original packaging and tags in place.

Shoes must be tried on a carpeted surface until you are certain you are keeping them.

In the interests of hygiene, cosmetics and pierced earrings cannot be returned.

Our gift cards are not returnable or refundable.

All our gift cards last for two years from purchase and can be used in multiple transactions until the credit runs out.

If you are a consumer, you have the right to cancel the contract you formed with us when you purchased products on http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/en-gb.

You can cancel the contract for any reason and at any time within the cancellation period.

Please be aware , we start processing your order as soon as you submit it, so you will need to receive and then return your order.

For more info on how to exercise your cancellation rights – click here!

Changed mind/ not as expected

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Not what it says on Which?

If the T shirt was returned because you did not like it or ordered the wrong size, then you are not entitled to a refund of the postage fees. If the T shirt was faulty then you can claim for the postal fees.