Very.co.uk are claiming an item was missing from a PS4 bundle I returned

92FS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thought there was something fishy with my account balance on very.co.uk,

I contacted customer service this morning.

Turns out they've charged me again for a PS4 bundle that I returned last week, as an item was 'missing' (PlayStation Network 365 Day subscription card).

Apparently it's in transit back to me and they say they're incapable of advising me until I get it back -- for whatever reason.

Of course, no one from Very warned me that they'd charge me again, let alone that they'd be sending it back to me.

Not a call, not even an email.

Is 'Just figure it out yourself' Very's new motto?

When I dealt with the return last week, I immediately sent it back upon picking it up at the Post Office.

I didn't even leave the front desk, as all I had to do was affix the return label I'd already printed.

I barely even opened the cardboard packaging, just a tiny slot to fit a folded up return slip in there, promptly sealed back with tape.

Therefor, either the missing item was never included in the bundle to begin with (an issue people have had in the past with other Very bundles), or it was 'lost' when someone dealt with the return.

CCTV at the Post Office would support this, as the package never left the front desk.

Any advice on what to do next?

I have already tweeted to them about it.

Thanks everyone.

youreturned it within 14 days

its an online order

you don't need a reason under CRA.

even so, it was unfit for purpose, so that additionally brings into play the short term right to reject it within 30days

cant see they've got a leg to stand on.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks everyone. The subscription card was an optional extra in the 'bundle' (and yes, I opted in for it at an extra cost to myself). It's worth about £35 on its own, but hardly a reason to send everything else back to me! They could've queried why it wasn't with the other items, at which point I'd have noted that they must not have included it in the first place or that they lost it when processing the return. Their package never left the front desk of the Post Office (as far as my involvement with it goes), so it's impossible for me to have removed anything.

so why did you return the PS4 budle in the 1st instance?

not that you needed any reason, but did you tell them om the return note?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I did indeed choose the closest option on the return note.

They had a promotion which, as I recall, showed a picture of a PS4 Pro. When I clicked through, they must have had some regular PS4s in the list of options because that's what I ended up ordering. My fault for not being more attentive, but the whole thing seemed a teeny bit misleading. Especially since the price I paid, ~£350, is what I'd expect to pay for a Pro model... certainly not a regular PS4 bundle, which retail for about a £100 less.

I picked up on my mistake in the email confirmation, but it was too late to cancel at the point I clocked it wasn't a Pro. I had to wait for it to be delivered at the Post Office, at which point I was ready to immediately return it.

OK understood

someone trying to pull a fast one...twice!!

and they

their web site is VERY unclear on this point, if you do a word search you get nothing for PS4 other then the PS4 pro but click on the details and you get the ordinary spec.

As the card is only an activation code tied to your account keeping it would be pointless but there is a secondary market for these things.

I dont know if you remember phone cards- yu bought them in shops for use in special phone boxes back in the 1980's. There was a massive market fro stolen or hooky phone cards back thn and when BT wnet about investigating their misuse they thought they would find a load of small shops doing a wrong'un but it turned out that a bloke in the factory was stealing them wholesale and selling them on.

I reckon that your card is not part of this hooky secondary market and probably was never posted out and they ahve made an assumption you have kept it rather tyhan looking at the bigger picture

We should add a paragraph in the cag customer service guide about packages and mail in general.

Personally, since I received a woman pleasure toy instead of a candle holder (I know, more or less same shape 😂), I make a video when I open packages and mail from dodgy companies (all of them really)

Same when I post something, I make a video, endorse the seal with a scribble of a certain length and do a close up, so nobody can claim that package has been opened between the video and posting.

This saved my bum when a smart guy on eBay bought a perfect binocular, claimed that it was damaged and then sent back another one, same brand and model but broken.

EBay gave both of us money back, even though the fool had listed my binocular the very same day he received it.