Athena ANPR PCN - overstay of free parking - Lidl Hainault

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My husband has received a Civil Parking Charge Notice, it's dated 20th November but we received it today!!

He was parked for 1:45:12, so 15 minutes and 12 seconds more than allowed. My issue is that we have recently bought an electric car and are lucky that in our local Lidl there is a charging point for 2 cars. Unfortunately there aren't any signs as to what it is and any time I go in I have to wait to park.

I have had 2 people kindly telling me there are other spaces, when I point out that I can only use 2 they say 'oh, I wondered what that was'.

My husband was parked for less than 90 minutes but in the car park for more. Can we appeal?

Thank you for welcoming me

here's the information:

1 Date of the infringement - 10/11/18

2 Date on the NTK - 20/11/18

3 Date received - 14/12/18

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] - n

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? yes

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] no

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is the parking company? Athena ANPR Ltd

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Lidl Hainault

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. - IAS

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here - no

copy the windscreen or ANPR section to your thread and answer the questions...

IMG_3378.jpg

Edited by dx100uk
format

hi ya

had to hide the NTK

you've left all your reg numbers etc showing

now you say you didn't get the NTk till the 14/dec?

when its date says 20th nove

please clarify

put it back up as a Multipage PDF please [both sides]

read upload.

- - - Updated - - -

thread title updated

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes it arrived in the post today

The only reason my husband was in the car park longer than 90 minutes was because he had to wait for a space to use the car charging port.

There are no signs for the charging port at all.

IMG_3378.jpg

Untitled.jpg

then they are out of time forget about it.

ignore the lot

until/unless you get a letter of/before claim from a fake/tame paperonly solicitor

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Two things spring to mind.

The first is how it took so long for the NT K to reach you. Is your car on lease or was the letter redirected from a previous address?

They only have 14days to send you the Notice but that is long long time between sending the letter and you receiving it. If you are sure the date is right please check with the DVLA. Ask them who asked for your info and when .

The second point is the time. As you rightly said you were in the car park for longer than their permitted time but you were not parked there for that long-time were waiting for a charging point. That is the trouble with the ANPR system as it only tells one the arrival and departure times

Not the actual parking time which works to the benefit of the parking company. And that is why it was designed that way.

Also contact Lidl and explain the overtime was caused by you waiting for the right meter. Sometimes Lidl can tell Athena to cancel the ticket which one would have thought they should do in your case.

See how Lidl and the DVLA work out but do not contact Athena in the Meantime . Don't worry you should not be paying them anything let alone the reduced amount.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

have yu still got the envelope it came in and is that date stamped by the RM franking?

secondly is the charging point free or do you pay to use it?

I would get on to Lidl and moan like hell about this and if they dont cancel immediately then get on to the local press to moan about these bandits demanding money for using the charging point. Lidl clearly havent thought this through and it will become more of a problem for them unless they change how the charging works.

After that go onto social media and slagg Lidl off something rotten for not thinking this through and say that £100 for an 11 minute top up is so excessive as to be unimaginable ( point out the signage allowing 10 minutes for users of the charging point who arent also buying from the store). Doesnt matter how long you were there, hit them with their own stick

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Another angle is that the restricted time allowed might not be sufficient to get a charge even if point available at time of entry, that one is a very secondary consideration but might help if the panning permission stated a 3 hour free period for example.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Agree EB, providing an EX charging point with Athena's paltry time allowed is silly Lidl could be tolchocked with that for sure.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!