ECP/Gladstones PCN claimform - operator Photos - Chamberlain Buildings,

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1672 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

i have a letter before action from Gladstones Solicitors regarding a PCN,

which happened 16th October 2017 outside a sandwich shop,

this was the only parking spot available and i was having dizzy spells and needed to eat.

When i came out of the sandwich shop and noticed someone taking pics of my vehicle,

i approached them to explain the situation but they simply ignored me.

The parking restrictions were not clearly displayed.

They have given me 30 days to respond from the date of the letter

- 15th November 2018 and the 30 days fall on Saturday 15th December 2018.

I would really appreciate some advice on this as a matter of urgency.

Thanks in advance,

Roland

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

time for the snotty letter to gladstones

in lots of threads here

why have you not received anything before this PAP LBA please?

- - - Updated - - -

please complete this.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket-(2-Viewing)-nbsp

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It is just another threatogram but I would be tempted to respond and tell them that you know that they are useless as you have just read about yet another magnificent failure to attend court over a claim in Romford resulting in a loss of money for their clients. Ask them why dont they just shut up and send you £60 to avoid the humiliation later, it will be cheaper for their clients that way.

I really do mean it. Copy the letter to the parking co and make sure that you put cc Euro Parking on the gladstones letter so they cnat just bin it and tell porkies to their client

Thank you all for replying, appreciate it.

DX100uk - Thanks, I will fill out all the details requested and post as soon as possible.

Ericsbrother - Thank you for the advice, I've just had a read on the forum about Gladstones, which letter do i need to copy and send to both parties?

Many thanks,

Roland

any of the abusive ones to gladstones after someone has received a letter of claim.

lots here already

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

send exactly as written in my post #8 above from "you know they are useless" to the end of the paragraph.

It really is that simple. The point of this is they have just had another loss at court so you are letting them know you will happily dish out some more of that. You are telling the parking co this beacuse Gladstones charge them money for no action and that they will merely be paying for bad advice as well as your costs if they take the advice of the owners of the IPC who happen to be the same people

post 7 link still need doing please

so we have all the details to correctly advise you.

dx

and they

from what you say about the place there is little chance that the claim will succeed.

The lack of signage, the lack of mitigation by the person taking the pictures ( telling you to read the signs or move the vehicle for example) and probably no authority to offer contract in the first place.

Have you still got the paperwork they originally sent?

Is the site near to you and can you get there and take some pictures or at least give us the exact location so we can have a look on goggleyes.

As for why you were there- irrelevant, mentioning it will could be damaging, you have either been offered a contract to park there or you havent.

Edited by dx100uk
space/spell

Thank you ericsbrother, I've emailed both Gladstones and Euro Parking Services as you mentioned in post #8

dx100uk i am just gathering all the letters together and I will post the info you require soon, thanks.

Roland

you should NOT be using EMAIL

gives them a free way to harass you!!

always WRITE!!

and they

30 days wont be an issue

and they

opps internet went

the issue is that IF they do issue a claim through Northants bulk

then what they will do is use that email ad to file their witness statement at 1 min before the deadline

thus effectively nulling anything you put.

send them an additional email

that the address used is NOT monitored 24/7 and is NOT to be used to file ANY legal documents now or in the future and it is now closed.

WISE UP!!

and they

it doesnt matter whose email it is you dont use email. They have a habit of emailing court documents at midnight on the day of a hearing and then claiming thye delivered them in good time.

We keep telling people to read a number of threads before any action and this is one of the reasons why.

In theory they could serve a summons vis email as long as the court agrees to this. I have done it to a large corporation who has a "problem" with their post room and claims they dotn receive stuff on a regular basis.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

• 3 months later...

Gladstones have issued a claim on the 12/3/19 which i have acknowledged.

Name of the Claimant ? Euro Parking Services

Date of issue – 12.03.2019

Particulars of Claim

1.The driver of the vehicle with registration ****** (the 'Vehicle') parked in breach of the terms of parking stipulated on the signage (the 'Contract') at Chamberlain Buildings, on 16/10/2017 thus incurring the parking charge (the 'PCN').

2.The driver of the Vehicle agreed to pay the PCN within 28 days of issue yet failed to do so.

3.The Claimant claims the unpaid PCN from the Defendant as the driver/keeper of the Vehicle.

Despite demands being made, the Defendant has failed to settle their outstanding liability.

4.THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS

£100 for the PCN, £60.00 contractual costs pursuant to the Contract and PCN terms and conditions, together with statutory interest of £16.85 pursuant to s69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at 8.00% per annum, continuing at £0.04 per day.

What is the total value of the claim? £252

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Original Creditor 

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.
 register as an individual
 note the long gateway number given
 then log in
 select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.
 then using the details required from the claimform
 defend all
 leave jurisdiction unticked.
 click thru to the end
 confirm and exit MCOL.
 get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant]

no need to sign anything
you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.
you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]

for point of clarity gladstones did NOT issue the claim..northants bulk court did.

did you action post 18 too

we need the full location of the carpark too please

and they

they are claiming breach of contract but dont actually state in what capacity they are suing you as they say driver/keeper.

The only certainty they have is that you were the keeper at the time.

We haven't seen the ticket they issued at the time

( what? they didn't issue one then they need to show their operative is either a n employee or has registered themselves as data processors with the ICO- that wont have happened) or the NTK.

We need to know when it was sent and any communicaton you have had with them as you dotn emntion any until your email response to their lba.

get the CPR 31.14 sent off now and you will then have enough time to use their non compliance against them in your outline defence

• dx100uk changed the title to Euro/PCN claimform - Chamberlain Buildings,
  • 2 weeks later...

I have recieved the following documents in reply to my CPR 31.14 request:

Page 1) Warning notice stating its a private carpark and for patrons of Chamberlain Building retail Units Only etc...

Page 2) Notice to keeper regarding parking charge with photos of my car.

Page 3) Final reminder from Euro Parking Services

Page 4) Letter before court action from Euro Parking Services

Page 5) Letter before claim from Gladstones

Pages 6-10) Photos in various angles of my car

Page 11) Photo of the warning sign at the location

Location is Frederick St, Chamberlain Buildings, Birmingham, B1 3HN

Scan up to one multipage pdf

Anything you have not already shown us

Read upload

and they

so no contract or planning consent reference? 

that is more ammunition to you as you can state that you do not belive they have the necessary permissions as they have failed to produce them.

The signs saying patrons only is a 2 edged sword, if you arent a patron you are a trespasser and that is nowt to do with ECP and if you were a customer then the rest of the terms are of little consequence as you have fulfilled the important bit.

the other points are really and rather than or so the furhter you get down that list of dos and donts the less importance they have

so they avoid actually showing they have a contract to be there in the first place.

Now you can sue this against them  by stating that they have failed to produce a contract with the landowner that assigns them the right to enter into contracts with the public and to make civil claims in their own name so you do not believe they have " locus standi" in this matter.

You further believe that they failed to get consent for their signage under the Town and Country Planning Act 2007  and thus the signs offering terms are there illegally.

Therefore it is not possible to enter into a criminal compact so there was no contract between the claimant and the defendant.

If you have time you add thsi to your outline defence that has to be back within the 33 days.

If you have alreday put in an outline defence you use this as the opening gambit to your witness statement as it will force them to either show the contract or drop the claim/lose the claim.

Gladstones are trying to do this on the cheap because to actually put some effort into this would be financial suicide. That is why they usually drop a well defended claim before the hearing or they lose their client a small fortune in costs.

Thank you ericsbrother for getting back to me, interesting to know that they have no contact with the landowner.... I haven't filed the defence yet which is due next week and i do need some guidance in putting one together, would appreciate it, thanks.