goods damaged in transit?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dpd

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

To be a little more specific, between you and Victoria plumbing – it's you. Between you and DPD, it's DPD.

That means that Victoria plumbing would be correct not to return your money to you. You would be correct to claim it from DPD. You will need to get Victoria plumbing to cooperate and the best way to do that is that they should return the item to you so that you have it as evidence and you can take photographs.

Stay friends with Victoria plumbing on this. This means, that you don't push them for a refund. It's not their fault. Ask very nicely if they will hang onto the damaged item for at least a few weeks. Ask them for more photos if you are not happy with the ones you have received.

You're quite right that DPD will probably go into denial mode – but if you issue the court papers, you will find that they will rollover – assuming that the value isn't thousands of pounds.

Where DPD aware of what it was they were carrying?

No they didn't ask but i have checked their website and there is a list of prohibited items that they won't carry, believe me when i say it's a long list. On this list is everything known to man, according to the list they can't carry anything, it's laughable, i don't think we can claim anything from them as toilets are on the list so will have to put this down to experience. It would have been better to spend the petrol money and deliver it myself. VP have agreed to a partial refund.

Thanks for your help.