Bells shoes & returns

Staara77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I don't think there is any help for me, but just thought I'd write here, to see if there is anything I can do.

I purchased boots from Bells shoes online-about 2 weeks ago.

They arrived, and I noticed that there was discolouration on the sole of the boots, but thought that that was how they came.

Anyhow I wore the boots out, for a few hours, and noticed that there were suddenly signs of wear and tear-as if I'd been wearing them for a number of months, and one part of the sole-at the end was worn out-as in 'chipped-away', if that makes any sense.

I purchased the boots from Paypal, and I managed to return them for free. I was asked to send photos of the soles of the boots-which I did.

Then I get an e-mail asking for an order number, which I sent to them, despite having sent them an order number beforehand.

Then I get an e-mail saying:

"The technical team have advised that this looks like it might just be down to wear.

We can't look into this much further due to it not being or own brand.

The technical team have advised you would be best going directly to Reiker about this.

Apologies there isn't more we can do to help!"

I then reply back that this wasn't good enough, and something like I purchased the boots from them, and not Reiker (they are Reiler brand).

Then this morning I get an e-mail saying:

"We have received your return and inspected the shoes further and they have still come to the same conclusion that this is just down to wear.

I understand that you have only had them for a short period of time however this is just general wear and tear.

If you felt as though the shoes looked worn before your wore them then you should have sent them back to us, however it does state in our terms and conditions that if you choose to wear the shoes outside, this deems that you have accepted them and we cannot accept them back.

I do apologise that you feel this way, I can send the shoes back to you, please confirm which address you would like them to be sent to."

First of all-I told them in the first e-mail that I had worn them (my mistake!) for a few hours, and only once, not once did they mention that as I'd already worn them, I couldn't return them.

Secondly-correct me if I am wrong, shoes do not show signs of wear and tear-after being worn only once, and for a few hours. Even cheap shoes/boots that I've purchased have taken time to show wear & tear, NEVER the first time.

Their attitude comes across as not giving a damn, and being downright lazy.

Is there any hope, for I know companies have a no returns policy, if you wear an item, but to send me boots, that are meant to be of a pretty good company, that show signs of wear and tear after the first day??

I feel that the boots I recieved were worn before I received them, well something does not add up, and the imbeciles at Bells Shoes are going to insist that it's my fault.

Thanks for reading this.

Regards.

rubbish!!

it was an online order

you have a short term right to reject of 14 days even if not faulty

you additionally have 30 days to return them if faulty for a ful refund ..under CRA ..there is no quibbling allowed

no such thing as if you wear them you cant return them..how stupid!!

so have you contacted the RETAILER forget paypal etc.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx100uk,

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean, do you mean the retailer, as in where I purchased the shoes from online, or the brands company as in Reiker?

I'm sorry if I come across as not knowing what you mean, but the whole thing has been quite a pain.

It's been Bells Shoes-where I purchased the boots that I've been in contact with.

the retailer you bought them from.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the retailer you bought them from.

Yes I've contacted them online, as I bought the boots from them online.

They're sticking to the fact that I damaged the item-something they weren't saying before.

Nowhere would I have worn them if they were faulty-I'm not stupid, I'm fully aware that if I wear a faulty item-I'm accepting that it is fine.

"As per previously stated you have informed me that the shoes were already faulty once you received the item.

In our terms and conditions it states that if you are unhappy with the quality then you must contact us, if you choose to wear the shoes then this is deemed that you have accepted the shoes and therefore have taken on that they were faulty.

As for not telling you previously whether you could return, I didn't want to wrongly advise you before speaking with the technical team, I never clarified whether you could or couldn't return the shoes, the conclusion was to be determined by our technical team.

The boots have suffered from an immense wear, this is not a fault within the shoe this is from wear and tear. If this has not been caused by yourself then you should have contacted us as per previously stated.

I also mentioned that if you are unhappy with the quality you are welcome to contact Reiker, however there is nothing we can do regarding this matter."

So now the words are changing slightly, now the boots have suffered from immense wear, whereas before it was wear & tear, and also now brought up that I've chosen to take on the fact that they were faulty.

They're completely forgetting that the contract is between myself and them, and not the boots manufacturer.

I didn't inform them that the boots were already faulty, I told them that the boots gained wear & tear after wearing them.

So the person that I'm writing to, and hearing from seems to like changing words slightly, and cannot stick to a discussion that remains the same.

Utter rubbish

Quote cra and give them 14 days to carry out and abide by the cra rules.

How did you pay PayPal?

and they

Hello dx 100uk, yes I paid them by Paypal.

I did copy & paste CRA rules-let's hope that they are able to read & understand them, the person I've been hearing from, is honestly a bit dim.

Thanks for all of your advice. I'll probably need to post here again-as well sometimes when you deal with people...who are not the brightest :wink:

As said before, here is their reply:

Hello,

I understand that all products must be fit to purpose, which is why if you have any problems with your order we advise that you contact us so we can send out a replacement pair.

However, if you find the shoes to be faulty and choose to wear them anyway then this has deemed that you have accepted them.

No fault has been determined, it is just wear and tear. I understand that your contract is with us, however on this occasion we do not accept your return.

Please read our terms and conditions where it states if you are unhappy with the shoes then you do not wear them as this deems you have accepted them.

There is nothing further I can do, we will not be responding to any future emails, please let me know if you would like me to return the product back to you otherwise they will be discarded of.

What imbeciles

good grief what bad customer service and understanding of CRA

back to my question.

how did you pay paypal? not how did you pay the retailer

and they

and they

you cannot deem to have had your rights taken away from you, you cant even agree to this.

If you want to get an independent view on what is considered normal wear and tear then ask them to submit the shoes to SATRA in Kettering for testing or at least supply the data for the material the shoes are made from so you can enquire about what is normal from the records.

This will put them in an awkward position as they will have to prove their claim or shut up

Now this is a bit of a diversion from your problem so I would be doing a chargeback with your bank (unless your paypal account was in credit) and then they can moan all they like but the bank will recover the funds. Do this s well as the demand above.