NPE PCN - 177-195 Histon Road, Cambridge, CB4 3HL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

so piccies taken from take away as thought.

Well, you ask the ICO if they have registered with them to process personal data and specifically photographs for this purpose.

They wont have and if that is breaking the law then the parking co have no evidence they can rely on so will lose at court regardless of the quality of the rest of their claim.

The purpose of your daylight visit was to get decent pictures of the wording on the signage.

That is the contract offered so that is what we need to see.

You must read what people suggest very carefully otherwise you will miss something important and worse still misunderstand the menaing of things such as their letters appearing to mean something they dont actually say

Edited by dx100uk
space/spell

The camera is on Machine Mart, on the co-op side of machine mart....

The sequence of shops is Co-op, Machine Mart, Premier Kitchens, Rowlands Pharmacy, MacColl's/Post office, Golden Wok.

so takeaway opposite end of row of shops and parking to co-op/machine mart.

Car was in first bay almost in front of Co-op but actually just in front of Machine Mart and pic of car seemed to be taken from behind and above.

I'm no expert on cctv or photography but I would have thought that anyone at or above the Golden Wok couldn't have taken a pic of the number plate, only the side of the car, and from a distance of at least 50 metres.

i will go back and get clear pics of sign wording.

If there are no signs on entry or visible when parking doesn't that void whatever is written on the signs anyway as driver couldn't have entered into any sort of contract?

what do you make of that camera on machine mart?

i guess they have some lovely cctv film of me taking pics

Edited by dx100uk
merge

Hi again, I had to go out today and managed to make a slight detour to get some more pics of signage at site as requested.

Have included image of signs from distance, and then close ups. first 3 signs different and are close together, the rest are repeats, mostly of 3rd sign, so have only included distance images of repeat signs.

Hope you can make out the small print and decipher it for me, thanx.

NPE Signs.pdf

Phoned the Valuations Office Agency. They said they couldn't give me any info about who owns a property (I was on the right website before, just didn't know what I was supposed to be looking for...), so I'm still stumped as to who the landlord/owner of the site is without going through land registry.

I looked on the ICO website and NPE is on their list of registered CCTV operators. I can't believe it's legit to use cctv to track which shops people go to and charge them accordingly, but can't find anything to say otherwise.

Haven't heard back from council about planning for camera....

Have also done some digging around and found out that this PPC was formerly "Norfolk Parking Enforcement" (same initials) and there are heaps of references/complaints in local news, mse forum etc. Same "managing director" and "business model" ie. find a row of shops with shared parking in front, set up parking on some of the shops and ticket/charge anyone who goes to the "wrong" shop.

If it's helpful for others I could post up links?

did you report NPE as the occupier of the land to them? When it looks like they can screw a few quid for business rates out of someon they can be very helpful.

however, that still wont change the illegal signage on the lamppost and thus no contract or even offer of a contract let alone a breach becuase to were a customer of the shops, they just happen to be closed so you only looked in the window ( see invitation to treat)

Dont be in a hurry to resolve this, they wil keep bothering you because they rely on you wanting it all to end and often people pay up just to make the problem go away, especially older people who tend to ahve a different attitude to risk and debt.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

oh yeah, sure i told them NPE was operating a car park on the site!

I have been really stressed out about this,

angry that the whole thing seems so wrong,

but also that it's kind of weird and confusing (like a lot of [problem]s that try to suck you into an alternative reality i guess).

Also the clock has been ticking on the "cough up a reduced extortion and it will all go away" 14 days

I have been really wanting to establish if I have got a defence if/when it goes to court.

I assume that they have the cctv of the whole visit and pics on NTK are stills from film.

I have read a lot of threads on here about dealing with these PPC's and PCN's I know it is not going to go away anytime soon, and I can look forward to receiving threats/demands from NPE and debt collectors.

I feel like I'm dug in on this now and just waiting for the court letter.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

debt collector are not bailiffs

and have ZERO legal powers.

the 14 days is totally immaterial as they cant charge imaginary unicorn food tax as you didn't respond.

afaik NPE have never issued any court claims.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

EB is right, do knot get involved with letter tennis with them or any DCA, only respond if they are silly enough to do court, with the evidence of potential breachjes of DPA etc it will cost them more than a loss in court if they try.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 1 month later...

FYI I don't know how yours went but mine got cancelled instantly . I would advise against giving a personal address of residence if they don't already know it.

Edited by Andyorch
Edited ref to external

sorry haven't been replying sooner, i have had virus after virus....

anyway, i got a second letter dated new years eve but it was just a bland pay full charge blah blah so i filed it an ignored it.

i also got a notification of a message from someone asking if they could use my pics for their case and assumed it was a post on this thread, but can't see it here so maybe it was a private message....

PC virus?

if so download and run ADWCLEANER

then remove whatever anti virus you have

and install 360 total security..both are free.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

cough cough

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

• 4 years later...

Any update here?  I ask as we have a new user taking on these jokers.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread