YourRepair.co.uk cant offer service but wont cancel policy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My mother of 82 took out a Policy with yourrepair in July this year She had swapped from a previous cover as it was getting a bit to expensive for her.

She saw yourrepair online and read the reviews and all seemed good so She chose top cover as it was still cheaper than previous care cover.

Now she has happily been paying for a good few month with no problems.

The boiler has now incurred a problem.

It keeps cutting out leaving her without heating and hot water intermittently.

She made a claim online as there doesn’t seem to be a telephone number.

She was told an engineer would respond within 3 days or less.

After 5 days no body had contacted her and the boiler was still cutting out.

Now being 82 and having a problem with your boiler can cause unnecessary stress.

In her head something serious is wrong if it’s cutting out.

i took over and made a complaint she finally gets an engineer out After 13 days.

He diagnosed the problem as the sensors and said they need changing.

He said he would speak to yourrepair and get back.

Next day heText messaged my self saying that the repair had been refused by Yourrepair.

i made another complaint about the refusal of the repair and get a phone call almost straight away from a lady saying that the problem is sludge in the system and it’s not covered in their policy. But I can have a 2nd opinion and if he says there’s sludge there will be a £90 call out charge.

I have had issues with the boiler previously and the company has been straight out and fixed the problem or had to order parts in and then fixed it.

There has never been any mention of sludge.

I told them im not prepared to pay £90 so i had the boiler looked at by an independentBoiler repair man and he didn’t find sludge.

I have complained again to Yourepair and have since been offered another visit which would be chargeable if they found sludge

I have refused for obvious reasons as they have already lied about sludge.

I told them i want the policy canceling but they are refusing to cancel my policy and expect my mother to pay the rest of the 12 months even though that cannot offer the service which she is paying for.

In the mean time i thought it was strange that all the reviews on their site were positive

i checked with Trust Pilot they have a warning about Your Repair and their reviews saying they believe that their reviews are being manipulated

Overall this company seem very iffy to say the least

I just want rid of them but theres no way we are going to pay them the rest of the policy,

mom has called the bank and they said its a 12 month contract DD and cant be cancelled

Not sure which way to go with this so any help would be appreciated

Edited by BankFodder

ofcourse you can cancel the DD!

her bank wants shooting!!

there should be an online webportal for her bank

do it there!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Please will you call the bank again but this time having implemented our customer services guide. If that's what they said and you can get this recorded then we will help you cause some serious problem for your bank and get some compensation there as well. Which bank is it?

Does it say anything in the yourrepair contract about sludge?

By the way, I would suggest that you go around all the review sites and post up your version of what you think about this company

In fact I see they specifically exclude sludge or blockages.

I think it would help if you had two people who independently set out in writing that the problem was not sludge – and even better if they could identify the problem.

Being present will not help if you don't record the call. You must record the call so that if they repeat their refusal to follow your instructions in respect of the direct debit then you will be able to make a complaint and collect some compensation.

I have already put a review on Trust Pilot and will deffo be finding more places to review. ( :

I need to look at the policy it was all done online and my moms memory isnt so great these days so need to get her log in details etc for her email

ah haliprats

no wonder

they always say that.!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...