• Tweets

• Thank you both, I will make those changes. I have also downloaded the compensation list to add to the evidence and complete the protection bit off their website.  I am going to court next Thursday to deliver the bundle; I will confirm this on Tuesday. I have been to court a few times to represent the military when a soldier is in court, but I will be going. Thank you for all the additional advice. Once I have the whole bundle, I will email it to the admin email. Ill be honest, this is not about the money for me, I do not mind losing that, so I will not be signing a confidentiality agreement.   You guys are amazing
    • Actually there wasn't a massive amount of work to do on the WS.  The "meat" was there because of the great work you'd already done. Here is a version which I think is nigh-on finished. However, with Easter there are a few days for the other regulars to suggest tweaks. Defendant WS.pdf
    • Hi all, We bought a part to fix our washing machine approx 13 months ago direct from the manufacturer of the washing machine via phone. This part then failed 13 months later, as confirmed by their own engineer, who was sent by the manufacturer (who is also the retailer for the part) FoC. The engineer actually installed a replacement part, the machine came back to life, but they then removed the part used for testing (and ours reinstalled) as "we would be charged for it". The retailer are refusing to replace the part, stating that they only warranty parts for 90 days. When I stated that I believed the Consumer Rights Act gives me longer than that, they insinuated that it did not, and this was repeated by many representatives. AIUI for goods bought more than 6 months ago, I need to get an engineers report to confirm the part has failed? Or that it has failed due to manufacturing issues? Or would the companies own engineers report suffice? Also, does anyone have any other decent contact details for Hotpoint (or the Whirlpool group)? Thanks, GH
    • Thank you for that "read me", It's a lot to digest, lots of legal procedure. There was one thing that I was going to mention to you,  but in one of the conversations in that thread it was mentioned that there may be spies on the Forum,  this is something that I've read quite some time ago in a previous thread. What I had in mind was to wait for the thirty days after their reply to my CCA request and then send the unenforceable letter. I was hoping that an absence of signature could be the Silver Bullet but it seems that there are lot of layers to peel on this Onion.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lowell - LOC - Lloyds

ricky balboa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have had a LLoyds tsb credit card for sometime, but have fallen into financial difficulty.

I have been making reduced payments through CCCS for the last 6-7 months.

Arrears have built up on this account and i have now received a default notice.

The link for the default notice is below:-

http://s740.photobucket.com/albums/x...yds%20default/

The above link also includes the credit card agreement which was received with a new updated card.

I believe this was in may 07.

Can anyone advise me as to the eligibility of the agreement and/or the default notice?

many thanks for any help/advice.

Ricky

re above the link, see 'service of documents'. unless there is 'proof to the contrary' then these rules re service would apply.

yes, i believe it has to be 14 clear days after receipt.

Edited by Ford
typo

• 3 weeks later...

I would be grateful if i could have clarification on this default notice, as i cant make out if the payment date is 1 day too late.

The letter is dated June 11th (Friday)

Then do you add +2 days of service (Monday & Tuesday)

Then 14 clear days or remedy (1st day Wed 16th - 14th day Tue 29th)

So did i have until Tue 29th or is it the day after Wed 30th??

The answer will have a huge difference on my next move.

Many thanks for any replies

Hi all,

I would be grateful if i could have clarification on a default notice i have received, as i cant make out if the payment date is 1 day too late.

The letter is dated June 11th (Friday)

Then do you add +2 days of service (Monday & Tuesday)

Then 14 clear days for remedy (1st day Wed 16th - 14th day Tue 29th)

So did i have until Tue 29th or is it the day after Wed 30th??

The letter payment date is Tue 29th

The answer will have a huge difference on my next move.

Many thanks for any replies

rb

imo, unless they can 'prove' what day you received the dn, (or you can prove when it was received) then the 'service' rules would apply. ;)

if they say it was sent first class, then they would have to 'prove' this (eg with an affidavit as per the link). if they can't, then it would be deemed second class 'service'.

Thanks for the reply cerberusalert,

It might be possible for me to get help from a family member on this debt.

It is £12k on a Lloyds credit card.

I was thinking of offering a F&F,

any idea on the best starting point,

what settlement might i hope to achieve?

The default amount is just over £500,

i was making payments of just over £100 through cccs before this default notice.

The cca is after april 07.

thanks again

Ricky

• 8 years later...

Hi,

I have received the attached letter from Lowell concerning a Lloyds credit card debt.

Is this a genuine PAP letter or Lowell fishing for information.

Also sent with this letter is a 3 page reply form with the usual boxes in a PAP letter.

I don't believe the debt is SB, but i have asked previously for the Original agreement from a previous DCA which was not sent to me.

Should i be filling in the PAP asking for all details of the debt?

For more information the debt is for over £8000 and is about 18 years old.

It was bought by Lowell within the last year.

thanks in advance for any advice given.

ricky

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

so when did you last pay anyting towrds this debt if you say it isnt SB but is 18 years old?

have you received correct statements every year for the past 18 years?

What about charges and interest after the default date?

the letter would pass as a PAP if all of the correct things had been done previously.

Have you asked for a copy of the credit agreement yet?

being pre 2007 they wont be able to get a copy and that will severely limit their actions so CCA request pronto.

If you have sent one in previously let them know that you are awaiting a response and they cant enforce via the courts until the CCA request is properly fulfilled.

Hi,

I have received the attached letter from Lowell concerning a Lloyds credit card debt.

Is this a genuine PAP letter or Lowell fishing for information. Also sent with this letter is a 3 page reply form with the usual boxes in a PAP letter.

I don't believe the debt is SB, but i have asked previously for the Original agreement from a previous DCA which was not sent to me.

Should i be filling in the PAP asking for all details of the debt?

For more information the debt is for over £8000 and is about 18 years old. It was bought by Lowell within the last year.

thanks in advance for any advice given.

ricky

It would be helpful if you would post up the document in PDF format – multipage single file, the right way up, in the right order and in the way that you yourself would like to receive them if you were being asked for help by someone else.

Thanks

• Confused 1

My apologies to anybody who has given advice so far.

I wasn't aware the documents were round the wrong way.

When i converted them from pdf to jpg to edit them in paint they were the right way up.

They were also the right way up when i uploaded them to cag as i checked them, so i'm not sure what has gone wrong.

I have to go to work now, but i will correct this when i wake up tomorrow.

I will also correct the other requests from BankFodder.

I have not sent a CCA request to Lowell yet (i will do tomorrow),

i sent a CCA request to a DCA working on behalf of Lloyds who didn't send me the agreement.

I believe the debt defaulted at least 10 years ago now and some payments were paid after that.

I don't believe i have made any payments for about 6 years now.

I will check these details tomorrow when i wake up and report back on this thread.

I am sorry again for the poor attachments and thank you for still replying with helpful advice.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Thank you

its not you its cag rotating everything...

as for the pap letter

we don't need to see it

it will be the same as the link in post 15

we know what they look like

go find out the last payment date

no harm in ringing Lloyds and asking them.

if it turns out to be SB'd

simply use our SB letter in the debt collection section of our library

fill out the attachment in post 4 of that linked thread in post 15

you dispute the debt because - it is statute barred

staple that to the reply form.

not need to ask for any paperwork etc

leave the rest of the reply form blank.

don't sign it PC print your name...

..job done.

I've merged an old thread too with past history for you

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have gone back over my paperwork and found out the last payment was 6/7/2016 for £40.

The debt passed through a few DCA's but still owned by Lloyd's and i don't have statements for every year but might have received them.

I had a statement in May 2018 before Lloyds sold the debt to Lowells in July 2018.

I don't believe i have received any charges or interest after the default back in 2010.

I have found the original default as linked in this thread by Dx (many thanks for the research Dx).

I asked for a copy of the CCA in May 2017.

This was sent to Robinson Way who were the DCA at the time.

I had a reply with a Halifax letterhead and addressed from Lloyds banking group.

It said that they are unable to provide documentation.

I can post this up if needed.

I was told by Robinson Way that the account was placed on hold until the cca was found.

The debt then went to another dca before being sold.

I have now sorted out the letter from Lowell as requested and have attached it to this post.

Do i now send a new CCA to Lowell and fill in the form asking for other relevant information to help my case?

thanks

Lowell pap.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

if you didn't get a CCA back before why the BEEP did you continue paying?

hold that CCA/PAP reply form for now

lets get a few ducks inline first as your story has holes in it that need sorting first.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok yes sorry

so post 15 link then.

attach a new CCA request to it with a £1PO

in the I dispute the debt bit

enter

prior to being sold to a debt buyer the original creditor sent me a letter informing me the debt was unenforceable [attached]

use our reply form in post 4 of that thread

leave the rest as is inc requesting all docs etc.

post it to Lowell solicitors [or the return address on the pap letter]

so

pap reply form

CCA request+£1PO

Halifax letter regarding unenforceable.

job done

and they