HX ANPR PCN - Salterhebble Hill, Halifax (Shell Garage)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks, I hope you can provide me with some advice.

I was visiting the Shell Garage on Salterhebble Hill in Halifax. I briefly pulled over to take a phone call and have a coffee. I wasn't aware the area was being actively managed, but

I have now received a PCN claiming I "was parked in an area that should be kept clear at all times". Can anyone advise? I have completed the required information below:

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement: 02/12/2018

2 Date on the NTK: 07/12/2018

3 Date received: 10/12/2018

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? No

7 Who is the parking company? HX Car Park Management Ltd

8. Where exactly: Salterhebble Hill, Halifax, HX3 0QE (Shell Garage/McDonalds)

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under: IAS

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here: N/A

was parked in an area that should be kept clear at all times

no such thing on private land

scan up bothsides of the NTK to one multipage PDF read upload

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

is the palce near to where you live? if so go abck and photograph the signs there.

Now what they are claiming is you breached a contract by parking contrary to the terms offered on the signage. To breach those terms there must be a specific conditon in the offer on the signage that states you can park where you did under certain conditions otherwise (1) there is no breach and (2) the signage and statemtn is one of prohibition rather than an offer of terms. that menas any claim is an unlawful penalty rather than a sum due as a result of a contract or breach of contract.

in short they are talking bo**cks and you dont owe them a penny. Do not appeal, it will get you nwhere and only encourage them to try harder to rob you. Let them do the running and we will advise you when to fire off a stiff letter. Read a load of posts and look up dca as a term

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

well, I looked up the postcode they give on streetmap and it is a dual carriageway so are they saying you cant drive down the dual carriageway?

of course they arent but they have been lazy in identifying the land and this is grounds for argument in itself. Now maccyD's and Shell are 2 different addresses and presumably have 2 different occupiers so try and find out from the council or Valuations Agency (govt dept) who owns both of these properties.

these are lesser points than the lack of contract but all helps show that HX are just trying it on.

The images were taken by some bod with a smartphone but they ahve decided to not issue a ticket as that way they can save money and dont ahve to offer a discount period to the keeper after the driver fails to pay up. Many peopel thing that para 9 applies to ANPR as that was the perception but you would ahve to look at Hansard to find out what parliament actually said about that

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

• 1 month later...

Good afternoon,

The second PCN notice has arrived (attached).

Unfortunately I haven't managed to get over to the site to take pictures yet, but plan to go this weekend.

I assume it's still a case of do nothing at this time?

Second PCN - Salterhebble Hill, Halifax (Shell Garage).pdf

Yes totally ignore it.

When you take photographs please make sure that you have pictures at the entrance to the site since the garage is to the right of the entrance and Mcdonalds is off to the left even if there are no HX signs there. Then take pictures of all the HX signs relating to the garage that are different from each other. You could also indicate where you were parked on that day and for how long approximately.

Do not lose any sleep over this and do not pay them. Doubtless you will get further letters charging you more money for this fictitious "debt"- just keep ignoring them.