TFL took a interview under caution for using my dads 75% off discount card.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I’m looking for help. Yesterday while traveling home from work on Heathrow connect, I was asked to show my ticket from a TfL agent. I showed my photo card together with my dads monthly ticket. My photo card number and dads monthly ticket number from his photo card did not match. They questioned me to which I said that I mistakenly took my dads monthly ticket while leaving the house in a hurry.

I was interviewed under caution and said that there is a 50-50 chance of TfL contacting me.

I have been really stupid for taking my dads ticket instead of buying my own. Can someone please help me with further steps? As I have heard this can go to court.

Thanks

Edited by Wonderwoman511
Add tags

Hello and welcome to CAG.

Can you tell us what kind of card your dad has please? And did the TfL agent give it back? Also, have you used it before because they can trace whether the same journey has been made before on that ticket, going back a couple of months.

You'll need to wait for them to write to you, which can take up to 6-8 weeks. Once you know if they're taking action over this, we can advise what to do.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

It was my dads monthly ticket issued on his photo card. It is paper ticket with a magnetic strip, will they know if I was using it? The TFL agent did not give it back.

Thanks for helping me HB

Edited by Wonderwoman511

What concerns me here is that you benefit from a discount because you are an airport employee. If this got back to your employers, it might have ramifications beyond any problems that you have with TfL.

I don't think you can do anything about TfL unless and until they write to you. Even if you try to contact them before that, they won't have a case reference for you and won't be able to tell you anything.

We don't know much about the Heathrow staff ticket scheme, have you heard of anyone else at work having similar problems?

HB

Is there any steps I can take to avoid this? I have made a foolish mistake and I do not want to loose my job.

We can't second guess what TfL might do, all you can do is hunt around our forum for similar cases to see what happened to them.

HB

Have you told your father what has happened?

In that case I think that you should probably discuss it very closely with him. They could be a possibility that he would come under suspicion for having lent you his ticket.

I have to say that although it might be a difficult decision, I always feel that the best thing to do in these situations is to be completely straight dealing. At least then people will believe you when you tell them that you realise that you'd made a silly mistake and that you deftly won't be doing it again. If you try to bluff it through and the truth is found out, it will then look much worse.

Other people who come here might have different advice but my suggestion would be to write to TfL, put your hands up and tell them how silly you realise you've been and that you will accept whatever sanction they want to apply to you and they can be certain that you won't be doing it again.

There is a risk that TfL might contact your employer – I don't know if they do this kind of thing – but on that basis it might have been a good idea to contact your HR and put your cards down on the table.

Of course you need to balance all of this against the possibility of the truth not being found out. I'm sure TfL will write to you and that there will be some kind of sanction. It may be that they don't contact your employers. What is your father going to do about getting a new ticket?

Yes, that's probably best, then

you indicate you did it to save on costs so you've been using it all this last week?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Why are you reporting this Thread?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No we don't allow that however pm me what might need changing or worries you

and they