• Tweets

• I've an idea that what this is is clearing out stock of old tech panels as there have been signs of major breakthroughs in solar tech - inc what is effectively solar paint   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM  
    • ROFL - says a minister of the government that lets its politicians promote their agendas unchallenged and well paid on the UK's version of Russia Today translated UK deputy PM launches global push to mask their election rigging "The UK is following Russia and China on a government minister and MP led process to get paid vast sums to put our message out to the plebs unchallenged, funded via right wing billionaires, AI from foreign states, and misuse of taxpayer money.   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM  
    • Yes, but the process starts here... https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/data-protection-complaints/what-to-expect/ This involves making a complaint to GS first before approaching ICO. However, at the time of the complaint, I beleive we'd advise the complainant to ask for some compensation and take it from there. @FTMDave?? No, I meant this forum, The Consumer Action Group, where you're posting right now.😄 (We're in the slow process of rebranding as The National Consumer Service.)
    • Thank you. The npower debt was from 2019/2020 until EON took over the account late 2021. npower had set a DCA on me even though I owed them nothing. I spoke to a customer service agent, following up by email, who confirmed I was in credit . I made a complaint to head office who sent a barrage of emails, changing the amounts each time. According to them, I owed £279. The debt grew to what it is now as first npower and then EON subsequently failed to put a payment arrangement and direct debit in place to pay off this supposed sum and my ongoing bills. I was very ill with Covid, struggling in lockdown with a disabled child and informed them of all this. EON stopped their legal action when I took them to the ombudsman as this was part of my complaint and requested remedy but I have not received a notice of discontinuance.  I would like to set up my own dd to pay them off but am concerned they could still take legal action. I am on a low income and can’t afford to pay them more than a token amount each month.  And yes, they state their client is EON and that they can return the debt to EON who can either register a default or take me to court. 
    • Thank you guys! @lookinforinfo thank you for the case, it seem to similar with my case which is gold. @Nicky Boy shouldn't be ICO?   Personal data breaches: a guide ICO.ORG.UK   For CAG I found this  The Confidentiality Advisory Group (CAG) is an independent body which provides expert advice on the use of confidential patient information. This includes providing advice to us, the Health Research Authority (HRA) for research uses. It also provides advice to the Secretary of State for Health for non-research uses.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cabot/Nolans SPC - newday Aqua Card **withdrawn by nolans!**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Name the issuing court: Glasgow Sheriff Court

Who Is The Claimant: Cabot Financial UK limited

Who Are the Solicitors: Nolans

What type of action? Simple

What is the claim for –

On 14/10/2013 the Respondent entered a credit card agreement with New Day Ltd under which the Respondent borrowed money from them repayable on demand.

The said agreement was an agreement under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The date of termination was 31/03/2017.

The Respondent failed to pay as agreed on demand and is in breach of contract with the said New Day Ltd and the supplier assigned all rights in the said debt to Cabot Financial UK Ltd on 19/04/2017 and the Claimants have advised Respondent of the same.

The last payment to the account was 02/02/2017.

The said sum of £1778.81 is the sum sued for.

The Claimants have made frequent requests to the Respondent to make payment of the said sum but the Respondent had refused or delayed to do so.

Last Date Of Service:- 09/01/2019

Last Date For Response:- 30/01/2019

What Documents are listed in Box E2: Simply states

1. No Defence – No evidence required
  2. No stateable Defence (Rule 4.4 breach) – no evidence required
  3. Defence on Prescription – Copy statement of account only. (Agreement must be admitted to plead prescription. So agreement not required)

Is the claim for a Overdraft, credit card, loan account, hp Agreement, Catalogue or mobile phone debt : - Credit card

BOX D5 what has the claimant state:

The Claimants request that the court order the respondant to pay the sum of .£1778.81

from your knowledge: answer the following:

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? After

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt Purchaser - Cabot

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Not sure

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? I think so

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? Don't think so

When was you last payment:- 02/02/2017 (according to the form)

Hi All,

Looking for some guidance and advice please, if possible.

Around 5 years ago I took out an Aqua Credit card.

Unfortunately, I was unable to keep up the payments and defaulted.

The account was sold on to Cabot Financial, and as a result I received a number of letters from a law firm called Nolans (which I ignored)

I have now received a Simple Procedure Notice of Claim.

Any advice gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Pete

Edited by dx100uk
format

First step, go give aqua a ring and find out the actual date of payments. Cabot dont enforce legit debts, and have been known to " bend the truth" to suit their own means.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

if the card was taken out in 2015 it cant be statute barred

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

On 14/10/2013 the Respondent entered a credit card agreement with New Day Ltd

2013 dx

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

you've missed a couple of questions out from our link

service date

response date

please

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

good show

go enjoy xmas and new year

you need to respond [we will help you] see other SPC thread here by 31st jan.

there is nothing you need to do other than P'haps send an sar to newday

that might give you a better overall picture than what you might get out of the fleecers

but any info you get YOU KEEP TO YOURSELF, till its time to fire bullets.

you DO NOT enter into any comms with nolans or cabot without checking here 1st

if you use the search CAG box of the top red toolbar

type in

NOLANS

you'll get an idea of the stunts they WILL pull

do NOT fall for them

if you get any emails

bounce them back as unread/undelivered and block their email ad

infact if you look at the Nolan letters here already

you'll see the email used..block/bounce it now

just remember

SAR to newday

pop back here say second week in jan or something just to update

there is NO POINT in sending the response form back early.

and they

• 1 month later...

its not imperative you get it before you have to respond

though by the rules they only have 30days now

what date did you send it?

if they've gone passed that [though bear-in-mind we did have the xmas break] p'haps ring them and ask.

but whatever you get in the sar you KEEP TO YOURSELF!!

so its not important to your response which is in the stickies here in its bare format.

don't forget you'll be sending a CCA request with the response form to cabots anyway and if they fail that, its pretty much fatal to their claim.

and they

no.as said the sar is nothing to do with the claim, its to complete your records, should anything become useful for later if it gets that far ...

you do NOT miss sending the response pack back and copy to the claimant with a CCA request attached to their copy.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?476735-What-To-Do-Simple-Prodedure-Rule-Claims-Scotland

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Unlikely to get one.

MIGHT happen so get your paperwork sorted.

Cabot love to try and get undefended cCCJ's.

If someone defends,

they either dont respond to the defence and get a stay or just let it run then dont turn up in court.

so response pack returned and copied to the claimant .

why not go ring newday and remind them of the sar and their legal time limit of 30days.

and they

Well you object

and they

theres another spc thread exactly the same here.

if they do I think the court write and give you 7 days to raise an IA and object

you object upon the grounds that the claimant has had the debt since [the date they first bought it]

raised the claim on [date] and clearly stating they HAD the agreement on the court form

it is obvious they do not and have mislead the court

they have already had xx mts to produce it

respectfully asking the sheriff to dismiss the case and issue absolivitor

and they

and they

and they

From the Sheriff Court. I ticked the contact me via email option on the form.

The email gives no other details.

[email protected]

This is an automated message, replies to this address will not be read.

If you have not requested this email, please contact the Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service on 0131 248 1848.

Alternatively you may email: [email protected]

Notification:

Order of the Sheriff has been issued

Protect the environment...please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to

E-MAIL DISCLAIMER

This e-mail, and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify [email protected]. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service (SCTS). Finally, the recipients should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The SCTS accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.

http://www.scotcourtstribunals.gov.uk

ok lets wait and see

the actual orders usually come by post

and they