style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Ashamed and embarrassed to even be writing this but I made a big mistake / choice a few days ago.

I was in Primark and was looking for Xmas gifts. I had one large item and 5 smaller items. As far as what I was thinking I really have no idea. I had several bags in my hands at the time and between queuing and paying 2 of the smaller items ended up in one of the bags I was carrying.

I didn't think anything of it as I was leaving the store as I genuinely just paid what they asked for, picked up my items and left. I was then called back by security who checked my bag and found the 2 small items (£1 each). I was then called back into the store and they took my details (on a form) and took a photocopy of my driving licence.

No police were called (can they be called retrospectively), no mention of a letter / charge / fine, nothing given to me by them at all. I was however banned from the store for a year and unsure whether this means my local store or all?

I have read through pretty much all threads and seen all the guidance to ignore any letters, I just wonder whether I will get any really.

I would really appreciate some guidance and advice specific to the above if you don't mind. Needless to say I will be a lot more careful and forthcoming in future. I feel terrible about the entire thing.

Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks

Hi and welcome to CAG

Until we know more about what Primark and RLP will do in regard of whether you will get the begging letters or not depends on Primark. Personally, I wouldn't bother with a couple of quids worth when a store ban is punishment enough however, I can't see what goes on the minds of security.

It's a case of wait and see what happens. As they were not clear about the store ban, I would go into other branches and stay away from that one (or put on fake glasses and a funny nose)

No point really going over why you did it just don't do it again, mistake/choice or not

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for your response,

Appreciate it. I think my concerns are anything else appearing off the back of it i.e police, records etc for something I don't feel I did intentionally as such although I didn't come forward so I guess that is the same thing really!

Overall really ashamed and annoyed with myself but would just like some clarity on what people feel may happen so I can prepare for it I suppose.

Thanks again

The police will NEVER become involved, especially for tiny amounts like this so don't worry about that at all. The only issue you 'may' have is if RLP contact you. You thn have to learn how to interpret letters into their true meaning but that's what we are here for.

Don't stress the small stuff

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

yea please do letter have a good laugh

we've seen them all before but their powerless drivel always makes us smile

if you browse a few like threads here

you'll see the exact letters you'll get

so will be able to not panic when you get them and scan them for us then use them for hamster bedding or alike.

dx

- - - Updated - - -

as for being banned. they don't circulate picture so just sty out of that store for a month or two.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Whilst I don't see RLP getting involved (due to the small amount) I am happy to be proved wrong and I absolutely welcome letters from RLP. Just reading them makes my day.

Before uploading, ensure that you remove all traces of your details and any reference numbers.

Life sucks at times (been there- got the T shirt) but this one should add 0.0000% to them. :madgrin:

what does 0% equal?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

it cant..don't get had

read our threads here on RLP CAREFULLY!!

and they

• 2 weeks later...

PDF please so we can zoom

read upload

but that's a letter we have several exact copies of here already.

one of their STD templates

and they