Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Dec 2010

Default lowell after old E.ON debt not on my file - sure i settled it years ago

550 owed initially to EON for utilities at a previous address. Sold to LOWELL PORTFOLIO (i think thats what they are called). They have offered the discount.

Default Re: Settling debts

urm what are a DCAicon doing with a utils bill?

that explains the discount.

util companies do and succeed in easily getting CCJ themselves at the drop of a hat.
    they didn't they sold it on.

that means there is SOMETHING WRONG with the debt
    the fact there is a discount also means there is something WRONG [BOGUS] with the debt.

is it defaulted and showing on your credit file?

Basic Account Holder

Default Re: Settling debts

It has not defaulted, and it does not show on my credit file. ANd franlkly I thought i had settled all before I moved.

Default Re: lowell after old E.ON debt not on my file - sure i settled it years ago

we have an e.on rep
    I've sent them a msg,

liaise with them

please stop phoning DCAicon's up.

I've created this debts own thread too

dx

Default Re: lowell after old E.ON debt not on my file - sure i settled it years ago

Hello bitemarx and I can confirm, we've sold some of our unrecovered debt to Lowell.

The sold accounts are all finalised and have had outstanding balances for a fairly long time (up to 6 yearsicon old). They've gone through our complete debt collectionicon process but we've been unable to collect the outstanding balances.

We'll have written to you to let you know about the sale and what to do next. Lowell will contact you independently by letter. Please deal with them directly as they'll now look after the debt. Contact details are on both ours and Lowell's letters.

Should you agree this is a valid debt, you can pay Lowell directly or talk to them about setting up a suitable payment arrangement. If you've any queries about the debt, our advisors will be happy to give you as much information as possible including meter readings and supply dates. They'll be unable to take any action on the account as this now needs to be initiated by Lowell.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction bitemarx.

Malc

get an SARicon running to eon BM.
    get the information ignoreicon lowells for now.

if the debt doesn't show then make SURE the address that the debt occurred at IS showing under your linked addresses on your credit file.
    if it does then this smacks that the debt is defaulted more than 6yrs ago and has been removed from your file as aged.

Basic Account Holder

Thanks, Malc.
    And dx.

I'll get the SARicon ready, and send to EON.

Basic Account Holder

Not sure what reference number to put on the SARicon> I only have the LOWELL reference number.

CAn you ring Eon and ask them?

Alternatively give them as much info as you can re addresses, type of fuel etc and see if they can find the account that way.

you don't need any number to send an SARicon.

just send it.

Hello bitemarx and just a quick heads up about the SARicon.

Under recent changes to industry regulations, when customers ask for an SAR, we need to raise a Customer Rights Request. Once raised, we need to be back in touch within 30 days. We'll send you copies of the data on the account, including the bills, as well as any phone callicon transcripts we hold. There's no longer any charge for this service.

As Bazooka Boo says, we'll be able to identify the account from the postal address for the old property. Please also include the reference number from Lowells.

Hope this is of use bitemarx.

Malc

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details