lowell after old E.ON debt not on my file - sure i settled it years ago

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

urm what are a DCA doing with a utils bill?

that explains the discount.

util companies do and succeed in easily getting CCJ themselves at the drop of a hat.

they didn't they sold it on.

that means there is SOMETHING WRONG with the debt

the fact there is a discount also means there is something WRONG [bOGUS] with the debt.

is it defaulted and showing on your credit file?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

we have an e.on rep

I've sent them a msg,

liaise with them

please stop phoning DCA's up.

I've created this debts own thread too

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello bitemarx and I can confirm, we've sold some of our unrecovered debt to Lowell.

The sold accounts are all finalised and have had outstanding balances for a fairly long time (up to 6 years old). They've gone through our complete debt collection process but we've been unable to collect the outstanding balances.

We'll have written to you to let you know about the sale and what to do next. Lowell will contact you independently by letter. Please deal with them directly as they'll now look after the debt. Contact details are on both ours and Lowell's letters.

Should you agree this is a valid debt, you can pay Lowell directly or talk to them about setting up a suitable payment arrangement. If you've any queries about the debt, our advisors will be happy to give you as much information as possible including meter readings and supply dates. They'll be unable to take any action on the account as this now needs to be initiated by Lowell.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction bitemarx.

Malc

get an sar running to eon BM.

get the information ignore lowells for now.

if the debt doesn't show then make SURE the address that the debt occurred at IS showing under your linked addresses on your credit file.

if it does then this smacks that the debt is defaulted more than 6yrs ago and has been removed from your file as aged.

and they

CAn you ring Eon and ask them?

Alternatively give them as much info as you can re addresses, type of fuel etc and see if they can find the account that way.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

you don't need any number to send an sar.

just send it.

and they

Hello bitemarx and just a quick heads up about the SAR.

Under recent changes to industry regulations, when customers ask for an SAR, we need to raise a Customer Rights Request. Once raised, we need to be back in touch within 30 days. We'll send you copies of the data on the account, including the bills, as well as any phone call transcripts we hold. There's no longer any charge for this service.

As Bazooka Boo says, we'll be able to identify the account from the postal address for the old property. Please also include the reference number from Lowells.

Hope this is of use bitemarx.

Malc

• 4 weeks later...

Under recent changes to industry regulations, when customers ask for an SAR, we need to raise a Customer Rights Request. Once raised, we need to be back in touch within 30 days.

Malc, I genuinely dont know:

What the heck is a Customer rights request and why should that mean anything to a person making a SAR request under the GDPR?

especially, What has that got to do with delaying the 30 day countdown from CUSTOMERS request to the response required under the GDPR - if thats what your post means?

My understanding is that quite simply you have to get back to the customer within 30 days of their request unless there is a good reason why not, and its my understanding that your internal systems or processes or desires is NOT a valid reason for any delay ...

More than happy to be enlightened regarding this ..

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

Theres no such thing as a customer rights request. Its a silly thing eon have come up with in order to frustrate and stall a legal request under GDPR

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Malc, I genuinely dont know:

What the heck is a Customer rights request and why should that mean anything to a person making a SAR request under the GDPR?

especially, What has that got to do with delaying the 30 day countdown from CUSTOMERS request to the response required under the GDPR - if thats what your post means?

My understanding is that quite simply you have to get back to the customer within 30 days of their request unless there is a good reason why not, and its my understanding that your internal systems or processes or desires is NOT a valid reason for any delay ...

More than happy to be enlightened regarding this ..

Hello tobyjugg2 and the Customer Rights I mentioned above is part of the structure we've set up to make sure we comply with all aspects of GDPR.

GDPR covers more than just Subject Access Requests (SAR). It also covers alternative customer rights such as the Right to Erasure, Right to Rectification, Right to Data Portability etc.

We've set up a ring-fenced team to deal exclusively with all these requests. Any advisor can raise a Customer Rights request. It then goes to this ring-fenced team who need to be back in touch with the customer within 30 days of the request originally being raised. It could be quicker depending on what's involved. There's no charge for this.

Previously, for an SAR, there was a £10 admin fee and we had up to 40 days from receiving a written request with payment to send the information. The new system will speed things up and make sure we're abiding by GDPR.

Hope this explains tobyjugg2. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc

Theres no such thing as a customer rights request. Its a silly thing eon have come up with in order to frustrate and stall a legal request under GDPR

As above, renegadeimp. The new system will speed up our response to these requests and make sure we're complying with the requirements of GDPR.

If bitemarx asks for a Customer Rights request to be raised, this will kick-start our system so we can give them the information they need in good time.

Malc

And as i said, its something your company made up to obfuscate the process. No other company does it. They dont need to make a rights request. When they request a sar, then you fulfil it. Not tell them to call again and raise a rights request.

But as we always say on here, we have to at least give you a chance to show your willingness to help people.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

And as i said, its something your company made up to obfuscate the process. No other company does it. They dont need to make a rights request. When they request a sar, then you fulfil it. Not tell them to call again and raise a rights request.

But as we always say on here, we have to at least give you a chance to show your willingness to help people.

+1

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

Sorry I wasn't clear renegadeimp. Customers don't need to call back. Where an SAR is required, please ask for this and the advisor will raise a Customer Rights request there and then. This will go to the ring-fenced team I mentioned who will sort it out within the timeframe I've outlined. This will be quicker and cheaper than before GDPR came in.

Hope this explains a bit better renegadeimp and have a good weekend.

Malc

• Haha 1

SorryWhere an SAR is required, please ask for this and the advisor will raise a Customer Rights request there and then. This will go to the ring-fenced team I mentioned who will sort it out within the timeframe I've outlined.

Malc

That is part of the point.

A SAR is a legal request.

If you want to call it something else and confuse the issue, then that should be handled internally and nothing to do with requiring a customer to ask for a 'eon made up gobbledegook wording request'

1. Customer requires SAR.

2. Customer asks for SAR.

3. EON (or whoever) complies with SAR request.

How the heck is a customer supposed to know you want it worded a particular non standard way, and why should they either care or comply?

... and if you say or imply:

'because it will be quicker and cheaper'

which also carries the implication of

'if you do it our way it isnt really asking for a SAR as defined in law so doesn't really count'

- I WILL forward this to the ICO

The Tory Legacy

I am tempted to send this to the ICO, just get their view on this.

As always, corporations find a way to delay any just processes that are created to help consumers.

:roll:

Edited by dx100uk

• 4 weeks later...

pers info showing .attachment now hidden

and we require PDF uploads please so we can zoom easily

pre-school letter

totally safe to ignore

and they