Vodafone-conned into dataplan & missold phone plan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son was called by Vodafone and told that they would like to offer him a free gift as a valued customer, and said they would send him a new tablet. It was only when he received his next bill that he discovered he was now being charged £19.99pcm for a data plan for the tablet.

We called them to complain and the lady apologised profusely and said she had removed the data plan from his account, and raised a credit for the amount already billed. My son duly returned the tablet in the envelope they provided. This was in Sept, he has been billed for the data plan every month since.

On the original call we also arranged a new phone and plan, which we were told would cost £32pcm. "Great" my son said, "that's less than I'm paying now". The vodafone representative agreed it was a great deal and cheaper than the old plan that was £35.

The first bill came through for the new plan with a monthly plan charge of £57, (plus the data plan). My son couldn't afford this, so they disconnected him.

We contacted Vodafone again via web chat. They promised to listen to the original call to confirm he was offered the plan at £32pcm and get back to him. They also promised they had again cancelled the data plan as they could see that the tablet had been returned. The phone was reconnected whilst the matter was being investigated.

A week later he was disconnected again, desite no-one getting back to him.

Web chat 2 - all the above explained over again - same promises made by the Vodafone representative, apologies for being let down previously. Advised my a/c had been marked as a priority and someone would be in touch the next day to resolve everything and confirm compensation for the problems. Phone was reconnected, and we were advised it would be working by 3pm that day. Restarted the phone numerous times as instructed, still restricted.

Web chat 3 - 9pm the same day - Operative confirmed that all restrictions had already been lifted and to try restarting it one more time - this time the phone did work.

Web chat 4 - less than 24 hours later, phone was disconnected yet again for non-payment. Explained everything yet again, after over 2 hours of explaining that he was being over charged for the phone plan, and billed for a data plan he never agreed to, the operative said "I have great news for you, I will credit the data plan, but you must call back tomorrow to cancel the plan". No mention of the issues with the phone plan over charge. My son pointed out that he already had called in and cancelled the plan He couldn't call in anyway because his phone was still disconnected. He also explained that he suffered from anxiety and was unable to deal with the matter over the phone. They again insisted he must call in. He reiterated that the situation had caused him anxiety and panic attacks, and that he physically could not speak to anyone on the phone. The operative then said "you must: and cut him off.

Today, I received a message on my mobile phone - not with vodafone - no idea how they obtained my details as my son never gave them my number - message was from a debt collection agency saying he must contact them urgentky about hid Vodafone account. GDPR breach???

ignore the dca they are not bailiffs and have zero legal powers

check they've [voda] have not trashed his credit file mind!i bet they have!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have you been recording your calls? You've been a member here since 2011 so I would hope that you understand that this is basic advice for anybody. In that way you will have evidence of what you have said to them and what they have responded to you.

Read our customer services guide and amend the advice there if you haven't already. Try to have further calls with Vodafone but this time make sure that everything that has been said has been recorded.

Send Vodafone an SAR to get all the information they have about this.

Check your credit file.

When you get the statutory disclosure back then come back here.

There is no requirement for anyone to use VFs SAR form nor should they insist that anyone do so. VF are very strict when it comes to ID verification so when applying for a SAR, it is best to include as much verification as possible. By doing this, it will deny VF the opportunity to delay sending out the data.

The last time I used a SAR with VF, they sent the data on a CD but also sent the password in the same envelope. Great security VF!

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE