Care Parking windscreen PCN - Metrolink Rochdale - parking non electric car in an electric bay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening all

After some advice please. Did post in FB but received a moral telling off 😂.

As the title says petrol vehicle was in an electric vehicle bay.

Ticket is for £100 or £60 if paid in 14 days.

There were no other spaces available. It wasn't a case of being lazy otherwise the car would have been parked in a motorbike or disabled space which are closer to the entrance/ exit.

Driver has a train season ticket and the car park is for tram and rail users (the t&cs actually state it's for tram users only but the signage say trains and trams this way.....!).

Driver used to travel from a different station but northern have closed the car park at the station of choice to use as a site office for work to the station. But have ran out of money, aren't doing work but have kept the car park closed. Now paying 30% more for a train ticket to travel from a station with a car park.

The only other option would have been to drive 15 mins home, park up and catch a bus and whilst this would have been an additional cost, would have been cheaper than a parking ticket. But would have taken approx 90 mins rather than 10.

The car was in an electric space but where could the car go? There was nowhere else to park & a train ticket from that station had already been purchased and situation has been made worse by Northern closing a car park at another station close by.

I spoke with a warden this evening who suggested appealling and wished me luck.

If I appeal as the registered keeper how can they prove who was driving the car / parked it?

& without breaching GDPR how can they find out who owns the car / drove the car and enforce the ticket?

I think that £60 / £100 is excessive considering there was nowhere else to park, driver already had a train ticket from that station and driver is paying 30% more for train ticket since northern closed other car park.

After a bit of advice please.

Thanks in advance.

Hi. I saw that post. Glad you made it here. As someone on there stated, youll just get the usual trolls there as its relatively unmoderated, and the experts dont use it. Its basically just a gateway to this site.

Regarding your issue, dont worry, the experts will be around soon.

Can you tell us if it was a windscreen ticket or ANPR. They have to send you the NTK within a specific timeframe, and it must include specific info in order to be compliant.

Also, which car park was this. Which company is chasing you.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket-(2-Viewing)-nbsp

Please read that, and provide the info it states

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

What jokers. Theres nothing they can do

And i suspect this is railway land covered by byelaw 14 which means neither they the ppc nor the railway company would get anything

Please complete this

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket-(1-Viewing)-nbsp

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Please click the link and fill in the info.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thought I'd answered the questions in the link 🙁

It was a windscreen ticket, issued today and states parking charge notice. I've not entered into any correspondence with them.

I've not had a NTK as the parking charge notice was only issued today.

Note the link states that they have to do within a timescale but the reduced charge time period will have expired by then.

It says on the back of the notice that failure to pay within 28 days may result in the charge being passed to the registered keeper whose details may be requested from the DVLA under the reasonable cause criteria of recovering unpaid parking charge notices and that the charges notice has been issued lawfully and meets the criteria of schedule 4 of the protection of freedoms act 2012.

It then goes on with the usual jargon about passing on to debt collectors and solicitors.

Thanks

Ok. So if its a windscreen ticket, you dont do ANYTHING. Certainly do not appeak. They must provide a compliant NTK not before 28 days and not after 56 (iirc). Outside those timeframes Theyre SOL.

Ignore the crap on the ticket. They certainly cannot do anything until they provide a NTK, and even then theres very little they can do as already stated above. They wont be able to get any DCA to chase you.

Forget about it for now and get on with your life. IF they provide a NTK, then come back for further advice.

copy and paste the questions here

add your answers please after each one

else we cant appropriately advise only guess..

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

For a windscreen ticket (Notice To Driver) please answer the following questions....

1 The date of infringement? 05 December 2018

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?] N

if you have then please post up whatever you sent and how you sent it and the date you sent it,

suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide

has there been a response?

please post it up as well, suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide]

If you haven't appealed yet - ,.........

have you received a Notice To Keeper? N

(NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days]

what date is on it

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence?

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?] N/A

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK,

did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process? N/A

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]

5 Who is the parking company? Care Parking

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Metrolink Rochdale

if I wait for an NTK will I be entitled to the 40% "discount" still?

Seems an awful lot of info that they need to provide including the period. Does this just mean the day or do times need to be provided as well? That would be tricky.

Morally car was parked in an electric car park space but just don't see that there was an alternative and already paying alot more train fair since other car park closed making it nor difficult to park.

Edited by dx100uk
format

thankyou

await the ntk then

in the meantime can you scan up both sides of the windscreen ticket to one multipage pdf

read upload

and they

if I wait for an NTK will I be entitled to the 40% "discount" still?

As DX wrote this is almost certainly railway land covered by bye-laws, and no private company can demand a bean.

So you owe £0.00. By waiting you will definitely lose your discount of £0.00 x 0.40 = £0.00. No worries, after this period your balance will be £0.00 :-D

Have a search of cases on the site involving bye-laws. You'll see that these companies send out letters stating ever-increasing amounts of money, your kids being sold into slavery, and you being hung drawn & quartered … but when it comes to it they slither back under their stone like the paper tigers they are and do nowt.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Morning

According to TfgM it's owned by them and Care Parking monitor the car park.

I've had a quick look online and can't find the full t&vs, so I've emails TfgM requesting a copy. I can only find info regarding overnight parking.

Thanks

Photo of signage attached.

As this is a TfgM car park does Byelaw 14 apply?

I'd never heard of this till yesterday and have done a little reading.

Byelaw 14 is part of the Railway Byelaws but according to the signage the car park is for tram users only not rail users.

However, signage in the car park does state tram and trail station this way, with an arrow, which would indicate that train users use it. Also, if it does apply, not sure how this helps. Sorry if I'm being stupid.

Thanks in advance again

Metrolink Rochdale signate.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Stop worrying. You won't have to pay a penny.

You need to wait for the ntk. The ppc gives you that 28 day timeframe because they know most people pay up so they never need to send the not. That way the ppc doesnt have to do any work or abide by law and regulation.

They basically scare you into paying money for nothing.

Have a good read of other threads. Especially the hundreds of posts by ericsbrother. He goes into every nuance of it.

You might be interested in googling parking prankster as well

they dont have a contractual condition that says you cant park where you did. they rely on a generalism and refer to unauthorised use of a parking space. Well you were invited to park there in the same way a shopkeeper invites you in to browse, the gate was open! It is a parking space and as the road traffic act doesnt have a sign for electric vehicles only there is no standard for such that the parking co can refer to. Your car IS electric, you try starting it without a battery!

anyway, the supposed breach is unauthorised aprking and as a Metrolink customer you are authorised and that is that. You are guessing about the electric vehicle space bit, the ticket doesnt refer to it at all.

In short, they have invented a ruse to demand monies rather than you breaching an agreed term. Ignore them, They will send an NTK and when you get that pst it up and we will see if that is any better than this at dropping themselves in it

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Did the space have a Charging Point for an EV, did signage indicate that there were specific bays sole use for EVs? , if not there is no loss to anyone, EB is absolutely correct

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

doesnt matter whether the space had a charging point or specific signs, the contract to park offered to all doenst mention it and the NTD doesnt state that this was a specific reason for the breach but a more general term that can esily be swatted away.

All that is not prohibited is permitted

Edited by dx100uk
spell/space