Online Tyre Retailer & DPD***Resolved***

mystic_bertie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

A few months ago i purchased 2 goodyear tyres online from Camskill costing just over £300. I needed them asap as i was driving around without a spare tyre.

I was then told my order was coming from Goodyear Germany and may be delayed however i got an email (within the 5 days) saying my local DPD had my parcel. It never came on the day they said it would arrive.

I phoned up DPD and they could not find it because it was in the international shipping warehouse.

I drove out there and wasted a journey because they still could not locate my parcel.

I phoned up the retailer to complain and after a day or so they got Goodyear Germany to send me out another 2 tyres.

Meanwhile DPD finally delivered the original tyres and Then a few days later i receive the replacements.i got 2 extra tyres for free. This is 2 weeks later and i have done hundreds of miles driving all over the place without a spare tyre.

I wasted a day waiting in for the DPD delivery that never arrived.

I wasted even more time driving to their warehouse for a parcel they could not find. I was driving around for 2 weeks without a spare tyre too.

i have been highly inconvenienced to say the least.

I replied to the retailers email and i asked for some sort of compensation for my time being wasted but i never even got a reply. I thought the 2 extra tyres were my bonus for all the hassle id had

i decided to keep them and keep quiet.

Now i got an email threatening legal action.

Can they really do this.

ALso i am no longer staying at the address where the tyres were delivered.

Whats your thoughts folks?

email is below

We have been trying to contact you regarding the 2 extra tyres that you received in August 2018.

Despite previous requests, we still have not received any response from you.

Please find attached the proof of deliveries that you signed for 4 tyres.

If we haven't hear from you in the next 3 days to arrange collection, we will bill you for the extra 2 tyres to the value of £302.70.

If payment of £302.70 is not received 14 days from the invoice date, we will have no alternative but to take legal action which will incur both legal costs and interest to you.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Legal Dept.

Camskill (UK) Ltd

Tel. 01946-518207

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Sadly you owe them.

Yes they could well do court and you'll never know till bailiff s appear

The issue of why you didnt get the 1st 2 is not their fault ..not their problen

Have you politely asked if they might barter

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the reply dx

I didnt try to barter. I did ask them for compensation a long time ago when all this was going on but they never replied. What should i do offer them half or something? ;)

Edited by dx100uk

well I doubt there is no-one there legally qualified and so its not correct they call themselves 'legal dept'

pers i'd record my call and ask to directly speak to their legally qualified person that runs their legal dept, and get their view on this, poss if you pointout a few home truths they might help you.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

" ALso i am no longer staying at the address where the tyres were delivered. "

May be wise to update them with your current address and get conformation they have it.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

So you got 2 free tyres and also wanted compensation?

A bit cheeky if you ask me.

If you still have the tyres give them back, otherwise you'll have to pay for them.

I don't think Catskill would let it slip, they don't get many cases like this and it's a clear cut win for them if they take you to court.

Sort it out before you get a ccj.

you make the tyres available for them to collect.

You had better not have done anything with them as you know they werent yours, you didnt get 2 free tyres.

As for compensation, they dont owe you a bean because no-one forced you to drive oput to their depot, no-one forced you to drive without a spare and so forth. Anyone is allowed one missed appointment

dx - i sent them an email asking for the number for their legal dept and then half an hour later i got a call from them.

A woman claiming to be from the legal dept.

I discussed all my inconvenience with her and i said i might accept a reduced amount and keep the tyres, i did lay it on really thick.

SHe said she would talk to the sales team and the manager and then get back to me.

The next day i got a call and i was offered £50 off.

I ended up going into rant mode and told them how insulting that was, i said i wont accept any less than half.

im waiting on her getting back to me..

I need the tryes anyway

i may as well keep them,

i just have to hope i get a decent discount

Many thanks for your help. ;)

ANdy thanks for the reply. Ill hopefully sort something out with the price of the tyres but yeah good to point that out. ;)

king - no i asked for compensation by email at the point i only had 2 tyres, after receiving the other 2 i thought i may as well hold onto them and dropped my pursuit for compensation. Thanks for your advice. ;)

erics - It does seem a bit rubbish i would need to waste another day waiting in for a collection, if i decided to go that route.

I have not done anything with the tyres and they are in my garage.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

king thanks for your comments.

surfer i believe Camskill are good on customer service, dpd is not their chosen courier, its because the tyres came from goodyear in germany and this is the courier they use, in my experience dpd are worse than useless.

Im please to say they agreed on giving me the tyres for half price so i paid them £150 and the matter is now resolved. I guess it was worth laying it on thick at least they done the decent thing. I will use this company again should i wish to order any more tyres in the future.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Thread title updated.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread