Warm Home Discount

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello... I'm not sure how to post this, but here goes...

I believe I may be entitled to the Warm Home Discount. My home is rented and the gas & electricity is on a prepayment key.

The problem is that the accounts are in the landlord's name.

I contacted British Gas, but they say I'd need to change the accounts into my own name to apply for WHD.

Is this possible?

Mant thanks.

You need to speak to your landlord, it is correct it is the bill payer who receives the discount and I believe the applicable date for this winter was 8 July 2018 - so you may be too late anyway.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

British Gas should have been informed of your details by the LL......you are the Tenant and User responsible for energy usage.Get him to update the details and then request details about WHD....as advised you will have missed the boat for this year but get it set up for next time around.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Sorry if I have caused any problems over this.

The 8 July 2018 date is for those who currently get the Guarantee Credit part of Pension Credit and as long as they make contact by the given date - 28 February 2019 and your energy supplier or you who were with if you have changed and they were part of the scheme then you will get paid.

If you claim direct to the energy company because of a low income then you have to stay with that company until you get paid but there is a limit to the number of people they can help.

Further details from https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A tenant can update the details with a gas or electric supplier, doesn't need a LL to do it .

Hello... I'm not sure how to post this, but here goes...

I believe I may be entitled to the Warm Home Discount. My home is rented and the gas & electricity is on a prepayment key.

The problem is that the accounts are in the landlord's name.

I contacted British Gas, but they say I'd need to change the accounts into my own name to apply for WHD.

Is this possible?

Mant thanks.

Yes.

Your paying for the G&E should be in your names away, Just ring BG or which ever supplier you choose and get the account transferred into your names.

The home warm discount is paid by a voucher with is applied to the pre payment keys when you top up...

Good luck,,,,

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Hi

What does your Tenancy Agreement say about Utilities i.e. Gas/Electric/Water etc

Does the Landlord own the Meters and charge you a certain rate for usage?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group