Euro Parking Services - NTD Ashted Lock, Dartmouth Middleway, Birmingham, B7 4AZ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes ignore. Who knows their stupidity may give you more rope. Doubtless their unregulated debt collectors will write next threatening you with unwarranted demands for sums of money [£160 for example] which they just pluck out from the sky hoping that will scare you into paying something you never owed in the first place.

Later when they have heard nothing from you they will change their tune and send in their begging letters by reducing the amount they want. You've got to love them for their perseverance.

Well it is coming up to Christmas and the poor darlings need their bonus so they can go out and party.:roll:

Usually DR+ write the begging letters and add the extra 60 notes but of course they have less power that EPS. When that happens just add it to the pile of future toilet paper.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

quick comment on their signage.

It is pants as far as offering you a contract to park goes.

One predetermined people to park and other terms that dont appear on this sign apply.

That isnt a contractual obligation either.

unfair contract or an invitation to treat, you get to choos whether you want to play or not.

They cant make you

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

I'm not the best at understanding these things.

Having a look at the sign, can't see that other terms not on the sign are mentioned...

Any chance you can explain to me the issues with the sign in a bit more detail?

Or point me to a thread that might ?

My Google is failing me.

Edited by dx100uk

don't use google!!

use the search CAG box of the top red toolbar

or see the parking prankster website

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes but it limits the search to CAG, hence called the SEARCH CAG box!

just type BTW..no need to hit reply with quote all the time

just makes the thread twice as long!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Not sure if I should make another thread on this. Didn't display my permit.agsin today (I'm not used to it with new job!) Cam out, notice affixed to car.

However also found a second notice on the floor that has my car in a completely different location (approx 5 miles away) 10 minutes earlier.

Seems they mis-issued and then just reissued the ticket in the correct place. I do however, have both in my possession.

Should I start another thread for this? Or keep it here?

Opening another thread, as this is a different situation than the original

For a windscreen ticket (Notice To Driver) please answer the following questions....

1 The date of infringement? 04/12/2018

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?] N

have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days]: N

5 Who is the parking company? Euro Parking Services

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Ashted Lock, Dartmouth Middleway, Birmingham, B7 4AZ

Other info

New job, so - keep forgetting to display parking permit (never had to before! - and it's unwieldy enough that leaving it on the dash/in the windscreen is annoying enough to distract me whilst driving).

Went to lunch - found I'd got a ticket attached to windscreen. My colleague, also walking to his car, found some paper on the floor, which turned out to be another ticket issued to me for another location!! (10 or so minutes earlier!)

I've attached (redacted) scans of both tickets. Looking at their serial numbers, they're sequential - so issued straight after another :( I'll be expecting a letter about them both, I guess.

Not quite redacted enough as you have left on the make and type of car.

No mention of POF A so be careful not to reveal who was driving.

Interesting that they have not updated their adherence to GDPR by citing the Data

Protection Act 1988.

So you were trespassing which is nothing to do with Euro Parking.

Ok here

and they

Ok lets consider the logistics of the patrol person getting from one place to another and miraculously issuing you 2 tickets in both places.

As already mentioned on another thread, the detail of the loaction for the science park is flawed as there is no single location of that name and if you consider theoverall area covered by that title then EPS dont have a monopoly and the various places will not be a contiguous block.

Now let us consider the othr place, the YMCA. It wil be rather difficult to persuade a court that a person parking their car at work at say 9am and not putting his permit on display suddenly decided to move his car elsewhere to attact a ticket and then back to where they work just to get another one with the purpose of making the ECP attendant look a prat. The driver may have moved the vehicle but the most likely explanation is the attendant is issuing multiple tickets for the same single parking event and possibly getting things wrong but doesnt care because it keeps him in a job and his company dont really give a stuff if some poor sod is harassed unfairly.

so lets kill 2 birds with one stone and address both of these by the argument that the parking co have at this stage failed to indicate where exactly the event took place and you do nothing until you get the NTK for the ticket(s) and see if they do better on the NTK. If they dont then they have failed to follow the protocols of the POFA and arent entitled to ask anyone to pay up, let alone claim keeper liability. Because they have not started off well I would bet they get other things wrong as well so dont be tempted to respond yet.

Mentioned by others is the other problem for them, permit only is basically a prohibition for others and not an offer of terms. If they wanted to offer terms the sign would say permit holders may park as defined in your contract, all others may park for £100 and then specify how this money may be paid on the sign.

so basically wait until you get the NTK and come back so we can see that/them. In the meanwhile more detail on exactly where your vehicle was would be helpful so the argument about proper indentification of the land and thus the potential for them getting that wrong can be fomented

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

My vehicle was parked where this green astra is on Google Maps (Bay 18)

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.4872561,-1.8842944,3a,60y,85.96h,76.3t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sLQRGqmy5pWwuJYbZbJW8oA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Which is addressed as "Ashtead Lock" on Google Maps, and "Ashted Lock" on the street sign

Signage at entrance

Full signage is in the other thread (Post #13)

You didn't redact your documents correctly. You need to save as JPG's, use PAINT to edit them and then convert back to PDF. I can see your full reg and everything else.

Entrance sign says "Pre-authorised vehicles and permit holders only", Were you pre-authorised to park there despite not having a permit?

Signage is terrible there, one of their signs is about 1 foot off the ground in a bush.

Edited by dx100uk
merge

so the sign at the entrance doesnt offer a contract for you to consider so they cat claim a bean for breaching something that doesnt exist.

Typical of these companies, they are too thick to understand the meaing of the signs they employed someone to write for them.n

Yet another ticket today Will scan up later if needed

Just noticed that for all these tickets, the observation period is less than 10 minutes (one only by a few seconds).

Could it be put to case that there isn't sufficient evidence that I had time to park, get out of car, read signs and "agree" to the "offer" - amongst the other things that could be a case here.

a secondary point but yes, ther is a thing called " de minimis" and the parking co has to allow at least 10 minutes grace period

TBH there is no point arguing this with the parking co, let them waste their time and money and then clobber them when they emply a useless lawyer to try and scare you into paying and then give it to them with both barrels.

• 5 weeks later...