Housing Benefit Compliance Interview

MagicTongue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon all,

I have revived a customer compliance interview invitation letter from a DWP Compliance Officer.

It states there may be changes that effect your benefit claim.

I have phoned the direct local number and spoken to the person who signed the letter off (who is also conducting the interview) to query the document list (bank statement etc) and whether it was possible to just email these to them.

From the moment the compliance office answered the phone (before knowing who I was) he was rather abrupt and sharp in tone... something to look forward to I’m sure!

He stated that he doesn’t need any of the documents as that part of the letter is generic, I need to attend on the date and time specified bringing photo ID as he needs to speak to me directly.

I’m somewhat confused about why they want to speak to me, I always provide information to my LA regarding my claim as and when required and if further requested, I’m self employed running my own business which didn’t turn over a huge amount of profile last year, single father with my children at home with me.

Could any shed any light on these letters/interviews as to what it may be (the chap was less that forthcoming!)

Many thanks

Hi.

Compliance interviews aren't normally a problem and some have resulted in people receiving extra benefits. If they were worried about anything I believe it would be the fraud department contacting you.

HB

Many thanks honeybee.

There was nothing that stated fraud on the letter thankfully, being totally honest I can’t imagine what they actually want to speak to me about at all. I’m pretty certain I’m not entitled to anything else and damn sure I’ve always submitted everything that is required of me (well until getting the letter I’ve spent sometime today questioning myself on everything and still coming up with zero)

Hopefully just a “random check” or maybe something more malicious through an an ominous source possibly? But so far as I can work out a waste of everybody’s time.

Only thing that concerned me was the compliance officer was rather rude and sharp when we spoke on the phone, then again I may we’ll be reading too much into it all.