2x santander debts now Westcot (ex DMP)

robinjw
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have two ex Santander debts - £4k loan / £1400 cc which were in a Step Change DMP that ended in 2016. These debts are now being chased by Westcot.

I received a letter for one of the debts on Saturday, and today Westcot have started calling me. I have not responded yet. I am aware of how aggressive Westcot are, Ive had previous dealings with them.

The debts themselves are from around 2011. The letter from Westcot states they are looking for an 'affordable' payment plan. No mention of court has been stipulated yet. I really do not want to have to deal with Westcot again, as they made my life a misery last time. They have given me 10 days to respond.

Would it be better to write to Santander instead? Or should I request that Westcot send me proof they can chase the debt?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

RJW

The Step Change came to an end after a year. They didnt tell me that would happen when I set it up and I didnt realise for a few months that payments were not going out anymore. After that I was in and out of the country trying to keep everything afloat money wise so I did neglect to carry on sorting stuff out.

If I write direct to Santander now would I still be able to negotiate a low monthly payment. Things are still precarious cash wise.

RJW

Is that correct? Westcot dont buy debts and dont issue court orders? They are very aggressive with many calls a day and letter after letter in the post. I have blocked their number. The letter did say they were' instructed by their client,' which was backed up by a letter for each debt from Santander.

Dont buy debts and dont issue court orders... Full Stop... Had that confirmed to me in writing recently when I asked them there stance on a case I was dealing with...

They are very much like a dog after food... Seriously - Stop worrying...

If the calls are doing your head in - Send them a letter asking them to stop and in writing only. All you have to say - You are contacting me on this number... Writing only.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

With Stepchange after 12 months they will ask you to complete a current income and expenditure form and they will then tell you what disposable income will go towards paying of your debt.However you can run your own payment plan with Santander. Before this, tell us when did you take out the Loan and the credit card,how long ago?

FS