JC/Moriarty claimform - Old talk talk home phone/broadband account.***Claim Dismissed***

dave466
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Name of the Claimant ? Jc international acquisitions

Date of issue – 28th November 2018

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim?

1.The claimants claim is for the balance due under an agreement with talk talk limited dated 11/12/2012 Which was assigned to the claimant on 31/03/2015 and notice of which was given to the defendant on the 31/03/2015 and which is now all due and payable.

2.The defendant agreed to pay monthly instalments under account number xxxxxx but has failed to do so.

3.And the claimant claims the sum of £135.30.

The claimant also claims interest thereon pursuant to s.69 county court act 1984 limited to one year to the date hereof at the rate of 8.00% per annum amounting to £10.82

What is the value of the claim? £221.12

Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? The claim is from a house phone/broadband account.

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? After 2007

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Assigned to debt purchaser issued by MORIARTY LAW.

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? I don't believe so

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? I don't believe so

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? Not that I am aware.

Why did you cease payments? Not sure

What was the date of your last payment? Not sure

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No.

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? I don't believe so no.

Edited by dx100uk
format

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-8889411648654839:6449422593&ie=UTF-8&q=Jc+international+acquisitions&sa=Search+CAG

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.

register as an individual

note the long gateway number given

then log in

select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.

then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked.

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything

you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.

you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

DEFENCE

The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1. The Claimant claims £221.12 is owed

I did not recall the precise details or agreement and have sought verification from the claimant and the claimants solicitor by way of a CPR 31.14 request who are yet to fully comply.

2. The Claimants statement regarding the assignation of the debt is denied.

I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served on the defendant from the Claimant Jc International acquisitions.

3. It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show the nature of the breach and evidence by way of a Default Notice pursuant to sec 88 CCA1974

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

4. On receipt of this claim I requested, by way of a CPR 31.14 request, copies of the documents referred to within the Claimant's particulars in order to establish what the claim is for. To date the Claimant solicitors, Moriarty Law have failed to fully comply with this request.

5. As per Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

6. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82 A of the consumer crediticon Act 1974.

7. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Should there also be anything in there with regards to PAP?

Regards.

Edited by dx100uk
merge

yes if it wasn't sent elsewhere as you've moved?

read the link in post 2

that above is not our usual defence for a TT BB debt.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

that is still not our std defence referring to no pap nor the Ofcom guidelines.

dx

- - - Updated - - -

adapt AS NECESSARY

THIS IS AN EXAMPLE ONLY

The Defendant contends that the Particulars of Claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1.The Claimant has not complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) Failed to serve a letter of claimicon pre claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017.It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC.

2. Paragraph 1 is accepted. I have, in the past, entered into a contract with EE Limited , however I do not recall the exact details. I have requested the claimant verify the exact details of this claim by way of a CPR 31.14. The claimant has refused to provide me with a copy of the agreement, stating they are not obligated to do so by virtue of the consumer credit Act 1974. To date, no statement of the alleged account has been received.

3. Paragraph 2 is noted, again I do not recall any breach and I have never received the stated Default Notice. The Claimant has stated, by letter, that he is not obligated to provide a copy of the Default Notice, again by virtue of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

4. Paragraph 3 is denied.I do not recall having received a Notice of Assignment, as stated by the Claimant. They have sent an alleged copy dated 18 November 2016 from my cpr31.14 request. This is the first time i have seen this letter.

5. Paragraph 4 is denied in regards that the claimant is misleading the court in its pleadings and has never made contact or made requests prior to issuing this claim. Its sole purpose in purchasing this debt was to litigate and secure a county court Judgment and therefore Pre Action Protocol was never attempted and should be considered in deciding the outcome of their claim

Therefore the Claimant is to provide strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into a Agreement/ Contract; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

6. The Claimant has stated that he has made several requests for repayment, yet I do not acknowledge any debt to the Claimant.

7. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is required that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

8. As the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim, due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act.

9. Subject to the above, should the alleged amount claimed include an early termination charge(s) amounting to the total balance of the remaining contract, OFCOM guidance clearly states that any Early Termination Charge, that is made up of the entire balance of the remaining contract, is unlikely to be fair, as it fails to take into account the fact that the provider no longer has to provide and pay for their service.

10. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed, or any relief

nicked from andyorch

and they

Thankyou for the time and information.

I have adapted it accordingly to my case and hopefully this is better.

Thank You once again.

1.The claimants claim is for the balance due under an agreement with talk talk limited dated 11/12/2012 Which was assigned to the claimant on 31/03/2015 and notice of which was given to the defendant on the 31/03/2015 and which is now all due and payable.

2.The defendant agreed to pay monthly instalments under account number xxxxxx but has failed to do so.

The claimant also claims interest thereon pursuant to s.69 county courticon act 1984 limited to one year to the date hereof at the rate of 8.00% per annum amounting to £10.82

DEFENCE

The Defendant contends that the Particulars of Claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1.The Claimant has not complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (pre action protocol) Failed to serve a letter of claimicon pre claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017.It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC.

2. Paragraph 1 is accepted. I have, in the past, entered into a contract with Talk Talk Limited , however I do not recall the exact details. I have requested the claimant verify the exact details of this claim by way of a CPR 31.14.

The claimant is yet to provide me with a copy of the agreement and to date no statement of the alleged account has been received.

I do not recall any breach and I have never received any Default Notice.

I do not recall having received a Notice of Assignment, as stated by the Claimant.

3. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is required that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

4. As the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim, due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act.

5. Subject to the above, should the alleged amount claimed include an early termination charge(s) amounting to the total balance of the remaining contract, OFCOM guidance clearly states that any Early Termination Charge, that is made up of the entire balance of the remaining contract, is unlikely to be fair, as it fails to take into account the fact that the provider no longer has to provide and pay for their service.

6. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed, or any relief

You must put the claimant to strict proof to disclose....point (B) must be added

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and

(b) show and evidence the nature of breach and service of a default notice pursuant to section 87(1) CCA1974

© show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

(d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? I don't believe so

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The claimant also claims interest thereon pursuant to s.69 county courticon act 1984 limited to one year to the date hereof at the rate of 8.00% per annum amounting to £10.82

DEFENCE

1.The Claimant has not complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (pre action protocol) Failed to serve a letter of claimicon pre claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017.It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC.

2. Paragraph 1 is accepted. I have, in the past, entered into a contract with Talk Talk Limited , however I do not recall the exact details. I have requested the claimant verify the exact details of this claim by way of a CPR 31.14.

The claimant is yet to provide me with a copy of the agreement and to date no statement of the alleged account has been received.

I do not recall having received a Notice of Assignment, as stated by the Claimant.

(b) show and evidence the nature of breach and service of a default notice pursuant to section 87(1) CCA1974

© show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

(d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

3. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is required that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

4. As the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim, due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act.

5. Subject to the above, should the alleged amount claimed include an early termination charge(s) amounting to the total balance of the remaining contract, OFCOM guidance clearly states that any Early Termination Charge, that is made up of the entire balance of the remaining contract, is unlikely to be fair, as it fails to take into account the fact that the provider no longer has to provide and pay for their service.

6. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed, or any relief

Just realised this is a telecom claim therefore CCA is not applicable.....amend the following and remove the parts in red

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

How's this now.

DEFENCE

(b) show and evidence the nature of breach.

© show how the Claimant has reached the amount claimed for.

1.The Claimant has not complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (pre action protocol) Failed to serve a letter of claim pre claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017.It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC.

Did you not receive a LBA with PAP ?

:thumb:

I have also added to the above © show how the Claimant has reached the amount claimed for.

1. Paragraph 1 is accepted. Save insofar as it is accepted that a contractual relationship once existed withTalk Talk Limited , however I do not recall the exact details. I have requested the claimant verify the exact details of this claim by way of a CPR 31.14.

2. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is required that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

3. As the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim, due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act.

4. Subject to the above, should the alleged amount claimed include an early termination charge(s) amounting to the total balance of the remaining contract, OFCOM guidance clearly states that any Early Termination Charge, that is made up of the entire balance of the remaining contract, is unlikely to be fair, as it fails to take into account the fact that the provider no longer has to provide and pay for their service.

5. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed, or any relief

I would prefer " Save insofar as it is accepted that a contractual relationship once existed " rather than " I have, in the past, entered into a contract " ?

Yes you could remove that also then your good to go

Thank you Andy.

My final draft. All good to go?

The Defendant contends that the Particulars of Claim are vague and

generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case

below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular

allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1. Save insofar as it is accepted that a contractual relationship

once existed withTalk Talk Limited , however I do not recall the

exact details. I have requested the claimant verify the exact

details of this claim by way of a CPR 31.14. The claimant is yet

to provide me with a copy of the agreement and to date no

statement of the alleged account has been received.

I do not recall having received a Notice of Assignment, as stated

by the Claimant.

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into a Agreement/ Contract;

and

2. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is required that the

Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

3. As the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the

Claimant has the right to lay a claim, due to contraventions of

Section 136 of the Law of Property Act.

4. Subject to the above, should the alleged amount claimed include

an early termination charge(s) amounting to the total balance of

the remaining contract, OFCOM guidance clearly states that any

Early Termination Charge, that is made up of the entire balance of

the remaining contract, is unlikely to be fair, as it fails to

take into account the fact that the provider no longer has to

provide and pay for their service.

5. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied

that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed, or any relief

• 5 weeks later...

What are your thoughts on what they have disclosed ?

With regards to the N180....use the following to complete on screen run 3 copies.(Court/Claimants Sol/File

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406099-LEGAL-N180-Directions-Questionnaire-(Small-Claims-Track)-**Correct-at-Sept-2016**

Yes to mediation

Yes to Small Claims Track

State your local county court

1 Witness ...you

The rest is self explanatory.

Andy