Lowells claimform - O2 debt - Airtime and phone credit agreement***Claim Discontinued***

Hadituptohere
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

lowells have been sending paperwork regarding several alleged accounts, they have actually made claim in Northampton bulk center, the figures dont add up, checked my noodle account and cant find the account to the value they have claimed, even the two photocopies of evidence they have sent state more than they are claiming..

ive acknowledged through MCOL but struggling for what to request under CPR31.14? here are their POC'S....

any help really appreciated

hadituptohere

2 Dec 2018, 11_50_15 am lowlife poc .pdf

I'm far from an expert, but learning all the time!!!!!

If i've been at all helpful please click my star.

Hadituptohere OH V Capital One, **WON**

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do-**UPDATED-2018**(1-Viewing)-nbsp

please complete the above so we have all the correct info to suitably advise

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Name of the Claimant ?......... Lowell Portfolio I LTD

Date of issue – 13 Nov 2018

Particulars of Claim

What is the claim for –

1 The Defendant entered into an agreement for a O2 refresh account (the Account) with Telefonica UK ltd.

This Agreement provided both a service for agreement for the provision of airtime , and a consumer creditlink3.gif Act 1974 regulated agreement for the provision of hardware.

2) in breach of the agreement , the defendant failed to maintain the required payments and the service agreement was Terminated, with sums outstanding in respect of the provision of both airtime and hardware.

3) the agreement was later assigned to the claimant on 31/08/2017 and notice given to the defendant.

4) despite repeated requests for payment the sums of 314.34 remains due and outstanding

and the Claimant claims

a) the said sum of 314.34

b) interest pursuant to S69 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue but limited to one year being £25.15

c) Costs

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ?.......... yes but for £388.23

What is the total value of the claim?...339.49 +35 court fee +50.00 Legal Costs Total 424.49

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account?.. POC’S state Mobile airtime and Phone hardware

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? .... No checking my noodle default date 14/05/17 for 305.00

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? yes noodle as above

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim... lowlifes

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Had numerous letters cant remember receiving assignment

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor?... Cant remember

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? yes

Why did you cease payments?...fell on hard times

What was the date of your last payment?...according to noodle oct 2017

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved?...no

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? ...spoke on the phone but told them no agreement no account with them

2 Dec 2018, 12_17_36 pm notice s i a.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
merge/format

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

sorry but you'll need to type out the particulars of claim as they appear exactly and i'll add them to the above.

then we can advise what to ask for in the CPR.

as this mentions a CCA agreement for the hardware you send a CCA request too

who did you talk to over the phone and why?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Particulars of claim: 10 The Defendant entered into an agreement for a O2 refresh account (the Account) with Telefonica UK ltd. This Agreement provided both a service for agreement for the provision of airtime , and a Consumer Credit Act 1974 regulated agreement for the provision of hardware.

2) in breach of the agreement , the defendant failed to maintain the required payments and the service agreement was Terminated, with sums outstanding in respect of the provision of both airtime and hardware.

3) the agreement was later assigned to the claimant on 31/08/2017 and notice given to the defendant.

4) despite repeated requests for payment the sums of 314.34 remains due and outstanding and the Claimant claims a) the said sum of 314.34 b) interest pursuant to S69 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue but limited to one year being £25.15 c) Costs

I spoke to lowells the last time they issued in court and withdrew regarding a provident loan, they mentioned one account then all these other alleged accounts thats were i said there are no other accounts without proof of credit agreements, havent spoken to them since

Hadituptohere

Particulars of claim: 10 The Defendant entered into an agreement for a O2 refresh account (the Account) with Telefonica UK ltd. This Agreement provided both a service for agreement for the provision of airtime , and a Consumer Credit Act 1974 regulated agreement for the provision of hardware.

4) despite repeated requests for payment the sums of 314.34 remains due and outstanding and the Claimant claims a) the said sum of 314.34 b) interest pursuant to S69 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue but limited to one year being £25.15 c) Costs

I spoke to lowells the last time they issued in court and withdrew regarding a provident loan, they mentioned one account then all these other alleged accounts thats were i said there are no other accounts without proof of credit agreements, havent spoken to them since

Hadituptohere

thank you

get a CCA Request running to the claimant

leave the £1PO blank and uncrossed

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors [you can ask for everything in the list]

type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything

you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.

you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.

and they

thankyou dx

Hadituptohere

• 3 weeks later...

sent the CPR31:14 to the Solicitors and the CCA request to the claimant being Lowell Portfolio I Ltd, submitted an embarrassed defense by MCOL for which I have received acknowledgment of from the County Court Business Center

11 days later I received a letter from Lowell Solicitors dated the day after the acknowledgment from the courts that I have failed to respond to the court claim (conveniently) threatening what they will do if I dont respond by the 16th December...

They must really have it in for me as they now claim to have purchased a further 2 O2 accounts :!:

Hadituptohere

why did you use an emb defence?

not what you've read here of recent..

those went out the window years ago.

holding/no paperwork defence is the norm now.

and they

when i say embarrassed defense i pointed out that no agreement, default notice, assignment or breakdown of how the alleged debt has become the figure claimed has been produced prior or at the point of claim...

hadituptohere

*NOT been produced prior

hadituptohere

Edited by dx100uk
merge

post it up here please

so we know what you stated.

just in case it goes to the disclosure stage and we have to refer to it in your WS

dx

and they

1 The Defendant entered into an agreement for a O2 refresh account (the Account) with Telefonica UK ltd.

This Agreement provided both a service for agreement for the provision of airtime , and a consumer credit Act 1974 regulated agreement for the provision of hardware.

4) despite repeated requests for payment the sums of 314.34 remains due and outstanding

and the Claimant claims

a) the said sum of 314.34

b) interest pursuant to S69 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue but limited to one year being £25.15

c) Costs

……………….

The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and

generic in nature.

The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on

CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a

specific response has not been made.

1 I cannot recall the specifics nor am I aware of any default

notice or legal assignment the claimant refers to within its

particulars of claim and I have no knowledge

of who the claimant is nor have I been provided with any Notice of

Assignment pursuant to the Law of Property Act 1925.

2. It is denied that any amounts are due under any contractual

agreement.

On receipt of this claim

I requested information pertaining to this claim from the

Claimants Solicitors by way of a CPR 31:14 request sent via 1st

class recorded post on 05/11/2018.

Further to the above I sent Lowell Portfolio I LTD a section

78 request via 1st class recorded post on 05/11/2018.

To date, neither Lowell Solicitors nor Lowell Portfolio have

supplied the requested information.

Therefore with the court’s permission the Claimant is put to

strict proof to

a) show and disclose how the Defendant has entered into an

agreement;

b) show and disclose how the Claimant has reached the amount

claimed for;

c) show how the agreement was legally terminated to allow the

claimant relief.

d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under

statute or equity to issue a claim;

3. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) it is expected that

the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

4. On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt,

it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to

contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and

Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974.6.

By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied

that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

hadituptohere

so perfect...not an emb defence at all but a variant of our holding/no paperwork ones

good job

and they

Im embarrassed at their POC's :roll:..

Thank you difficulties of dealing with anxiety and depression and fighting Kensington

hadituptohere

Today received Directions Questionnaire in the post, Lowells looking for settlement/Mediation...

From what i can remember Ive to fill out my own N180, how long do I have to do this? with christmas and New year?

Love the 'we recommend that you obtain independant legal advice in order to fully understand your rights'

As for mediation no documentation, no case... cant see that being a long conversation...

Hadituptohere

no conv at all..if they don't provide the documents to allow you to be reasonably informed upon the debt.

if its YOUR BLANK N180 from the court

or when you get it

3 copies

as per instructions in almost any claimform thread here already.

and they

thankyou dx...

a little rusty since Cabot days.. appreciate the help

Merry Christmas everybody.

Hadituptohere

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

Received my N180 from the courts last week, it has to be returned by the 30th Jan... I've held off completing it, had no response from my CCA request or my CPR 31:14 which was signed for by both solicitors and Claimant 10th Dec..

I take it NO to mediation as ive not had the information regarding the claim made?

hadituptohere

always yes

must be seen to allow them time.

even right upto the actual mediation phonecall. itself. then you say no if you've got nowt back to make an informed decision.

yes to mediation

1 wit you

the rest is obv

3 copies

1 to the court

1 to the sols [minus email/sig/phone]

1 for your file.

should have been reading up in the waiting period.

on nearly every claimform thread here already.

dx

and they

Thank you dx, appreciate the info..

Hadituptohere

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone...

After a long wait for mediation that couldn't move forwards as there wasn't sufficient information regarding the claim ive received the following from the courts today...

upon considering the court file

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1) By xx time xx April 2019 the Claimant shall send the court and to the Defendant further Particulars of Claim which fully comply with CPR16.4 and CPRPD16 and set out in the detail the claim against the Defendant to include when the agreement was entered into, the original parties to the agreement and any subsequent variation/assignment, when notice of any variation/assignment was given, the nature/key terms of the agreement, when any default/termination notice was served and showing how the debt has accrued resulting in the sum now claimed.

Ant documents required by CPR PD16 should be attached.

2) By xxpm xxMay 2019 the defendant, if so advised, has the permission to send to the court and to the Claimant a further/amended defense to the claim.

3)Because this order has been made by the court without considering representations from the parties , any party may apply to have the order set aside, varied or stayed. A party wishing to make such an application must send or deliver the application to the court (together with any appropriate fee) to arrive within 7 days of service of this order.

Sit Back and await what Lowells can or cant produce 😁..

Hadituptohere

• 1 month later...

well Lowlifes had until the 24th April to submit Particulars of Claim that fully comply with CPR16.4 and CPRPD16 and nothing, ive just rang the local County Court inquiring if they have received anything, ive been told nothing received but lowlives have been on the phone saying there collecting the information and it will be forwarded.. I have until the 15th May to submit a further/amended defense, I asked if i would be given an extension to that date and was told by the clerk 'at the Judges discretion' ??

How can this be allowed??

Hadituptohere

If they fail to serve anything by the 15th May then there is nothing further for you to serve.....nothing has changed and they have failed to comply with the initial directions and their claim should be struck out.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The day has passed that I wouldn't have needed to send an amended defence.. just contacted the court and they have received a letter from lowlifes saying they never received the court order, the court have sent them a copy of the court order on the 7th May.. been told to contact lowlives And ask when they will have the correct particulars of claim ????? What the heck?? 

Hadituptohere 

Edited by Hadituptohere