Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default robbersway hounding me over +12yrs old clydesdale bank credit card

Hi all new to the site,

I have started being hounded by robson way for a debt thats over 12 years old, the constant calling me and now had a home visit to which the rep was told it was statute barredicon and told to leave to which he asked me to call his office and tell them this... obviously i didnt nor will i admit to this old debt. What can i do about them ?

I am located in scotland if that makes a difference to certain laws.

Thanks.

Default Re: robbersway hounding me over +12yrs old clydesdale bank credit card

then its extinguished dead gone parrot

send them our Scottish sb letter from the debt collectionicon section of our libraryicon.

as long as you took the debt out whilst resided in Scotland
    else use the other SB letter if this was taken out whilst resident in E&W

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

also tell them that their doorstepper promised they would pay you 100 for the inconvenience for the harassment and you have this recorded on your phone. Ask them when you may expect the payment and if you dont get it you will be sending someone round to collect it

Quote Originally Posted by ericsbrother View Post
    also tell them that their doorstepper promised they would pay you 100 for the inconvenience for the harassment and you have this recorded on your phone. Ask them when you may expect the payment and if you dont get it you will be sending someone round to collect it
    Haha i like that, if only it was that easy huh.

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    then its extinguished dead gone parrot

send them our Scottish sb letter from the debt collectionicon section of our libraryicon.

as long as you took the debt out whilst resided in Scotland
    else use the other SB letter if this was taken out whilst resident in E&W
    I cant seem to find that letter, i have blocked all there numbers they call me on yet they are still able to leave me voicemails which i find rather odd.

follow post 2 goto the libraryicon then debt collectionicon section

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by qualityoldskool View Post
    Haha i like that, if only it was that easy huh.
    It is..

A DCAicon is not a bailiff and have ZERO LEGAL powers

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

follow post 2 goto the libraryicon then debt collectionicon section
    sorted buddy, thanks
    hopefully this will keep them at bay.

Follows
    Following

You did read the letter?

Why do you think it won't?

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

What type of debt is it ?

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

it was an old credit card buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Andyorch View Post
    What type of debt is it ?
    an old credit card mate.

You did read the letter?

Why do you think it won't?
    yeah i read the letter, i do think it will work.. i was referring to the 100 quid comment.

Barclaycard i bet stop playing secret squirrel

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

my comment has as much legitimacy as theirs and probably will get more credence if put to a judge.
    Do use it if you want to wind them up as you can keep recycling it by asking for a copy of all of the data they hold on you at some point if they dont stop their stupidity as it should be included. Tell a lie twice and it starts to become true, ask any politician

Barclaycard i bet stop playing secret squirrel
    lol, no secrets here,,,,,, it was an old clydesdale bank credit card

Just to say you have a legal right to tell them that you ONLY want to be contacted by mail (old fashioned post). If you tell them this they must stop phoning you. If they do ring you again tell them you will report them to ICOicon for harassment.